Rabies injection appointment

So the dog is booked in for her rabies injection. Does the vet need to do anything else at this visit or is it just a case of signing the normal vaccination card? ( I know in 3 weeks she needs the blood test and vet will have to sign RNATT form once the results are in).

A Pet Passport is not required - is that right?

1 hour ago, snifter said:

This is the Pet Air section of the forum. Are you shipping with them?

Highly likely but have also asked Golden Arrow for a quote. Is that a problem? I posted here because I'd like the expert opinion.

Re her routine vacc's. I can't prove her initial puppy vacc as they're not on her record - we got her as a 3 yr old...although she's had a booster every yr since we've had her. Is this enough or is it just safer to 'start again ' as if she'd never had any? I don't want any technicalities to cause hiccips!

No it's not an issue. Just often people don't realise where they are posting and other members reply which is not the intent of this section. It's to liaise with Pet Air directly. 

I asked if you were shipping with them because it's probably easier to email them with your questions if you are a client and they can check your file and deal direct and guide you through the process. But as you are not yet, then no worries :) 

I am happy to help no matter who you use :)

No pet passport required - thats right.

Your vet needs to check the microchip scans and write down the chip number on all records (and you then double check they have written it correctly!) then give the rabies vaccine and mark it in the vaccination card - then i 3-4 weeks time do the rabies blood sample. Either you can get your vet to do the RNATT or your shipping company will do it instead.

Ref the normal vaccines - they are only relevant in regards to the Lepto vaccine. We suggest that if you dont have 100% proof it has been done correctly then start the course again to save any dramas or queries. This is something you can discuss with your vets as they will help you with this.