register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Char

417 processing times

Hi,

Can anyone help? I've been waiting nearly 12 days for a working holiday visa, I'm a British citizen, and i've read people recently on here that have had their applications approved within minutes...

is anyone experienced waiting ages for this? 

Is there anything unusual about your application? Have you declared any criminal convictions?

If it were me I would be asking, did I put my email address in correctly? I don't know if part of the process is an automatic acknowledgement of the application before the grant itself.

yeh email was all correct and of course received confirmation of application being lodged. 

Thanks VeryStormy, nothing unusual... no criminal convictions and I had my medical Friday so hopefully should happen soon.. 

2 hours ago, Char said:

yeh email was all correct and of course received confirmation of application being lodged. 

Thanks VeryStormy, nothing unusual... no criminal convictions and I had my medical Friday so hopefully should happen soon.. 

You have been asked to have a medical for a WHV?

Yeh -  because I'm currently in Singapore so they ask you for it if you're in countries with high risk for TB (asia). Its stupid as I've been living in Sydney for 2 years but  was 7 months into a 457 application and the changes made on the 1st of July effected me. I was by then on a bridging visa so had to leave before applying for another 457. Hence why I'm here waiting for my WHV but its just taking sooooooo long. 

All I can say is keep an eye on your spam box as emails from the department often fall into it.