Grandparent visa

Indianinoz

Hello,

Me and wife are PR and currently in Australia(Sydney) from Dec 2015 i.e. more than 18 months. I'm considering inviting my parents over here permanently in the long term. I'm aware of the contributor and non-contributory visas and researching on the same. But this thread is for grand parents. My grandmother would also like to migrate to Australia if my parents came here permanently because we don't have anyone else. Can someone tell me if a grandparent visa is available for someone whose grandchildren are working in Australia on a PR? Even a 10 year visa without any work rights should be sufficient. If she doesn't get medicare, we are ready to go for Medical insurance.

Edited by Indianinoz

5 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Hello,

Me and wife are PR and currently in Australia(Sydney) from Dec 2015 i.e. more than 18 months. I'm considering inviting my parents over here permanently in the long term. I'm aware of the contributor and non-contributory visas and researching on the same. But this thread is for grand parents. My grandmother would also like to migrate to Australia if my parents came here permanently because we don't have anyone else. Can someone tell me if a grandparent visa is available for someone whose grandchildren are working in Australia on a PR? Even a 10 year visa without any work rights should be sufficient. If she doesn't get medicare, we are ready to go for Medical insurance.

Unfortunately there is no such visa.

The relevant parent can sponsor his/her mother when eligible.

Best regards.

• Like 1

You would need to bring your parents first, then, once they are settled - normally 2 years living there, they could apply for their parents. Your grandparents. But, it would be a long slog. If you applied for your parents on a contributory visa say at the end of the year, the processing would be about 2 years, so they would have a visa end of 2019. If they moved immediately, they could then sponsor end of 2021and two years processing from then would be 2023.

All need to pass medicals as well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Thanks all! What about the 5 year/10 year visa that was recently announced? Is it implemented or it was just announced by not implemented? Does it include only parents of PR and not grandparents of PR? Check this:
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/05/04/new-visa-migrant-parents-stay-australia-10-years-it-costs-20000

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/temporary-sponsored-visa-parents/faq

Best regards.

On 28/07/2017 at 22:02, Sukhwinder Singh said:

No there is no such visa but there is a way that first get you parents to abroad and settle them, then they can apply on the behalf of your grandmother. But all medicals should be cleared.

Thanks

Sukhwinder Singh

LovelyWay Education Consultant.

Education agents are not allowed to the following:

• Provide migration advice or assistance unless they are a registered migration agent

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sukhwinder Singh said:

Okay but if we have knowledge about that then?

Then answer in a personal capacity, not as an "education consultant". When you put a professional title in your post people assume that your know what you are talking about.

In this case, I only highlighted it as the information you provided in response to the question is not accurate and is confusing. Previous posts (including from a Registered Agent) provided correct information. 

Your answer made it seem like there is a quick and easy solution to the issue, which there is not.

As a Registered Agent this is something I face regularly, when people have taken inaccurate visa advice from an "education consultant" who is not qualified or allowed to give such advice.

• Like 2