Best suburbs for families

x-Kirsty-x

Hi all,

We are applying for a 190 state nomination with NSW, we are awaiting medicals and police checks so hopefully not much longer...but we are wondering what it best suburbs to look at for families?

We have 2 young children and want to try and give them a better quality life.

We have currently been looking at Newcastle, Tamworth and Belmont mainly these because of schooling and work for my husband seems to be more in this area.

Could anyone please offer any advice on these such as thins to do, house rental prices and anything else that could benefit us or any other suburbs that would suit young children.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A310F using PomsinOz mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, x-Kirsty-x said:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. Do you know anything about house prices?! Renting or buying?!

I don't  know the areas well enough. Go to Domain.com.au and do some searching but be careful Newcastle will have some expensive areas on the coast, so the average will be more expensive than Tamworth. That doesn't  mean there aren't  affordable suburbs. Newcastle is now being seen as an alternative to Sydney (although not commutable) whereas I have not see  similar articles about Tamworth.  Other posters know Newcastle so will hopefully come along and comment. 

I don't  know the areas well enough. Go to Domain.com.au and do some searching but be careful Newcastle will have some expensive areas on the coast, so the average will be more expensive than Tamworth. That doesn't  mean there aren't  affordable suburbs. Newcastle is now being seen as an alternative to Sydney (although not commutable) whereas I have not see  similar articles about Tamworth.  Other posters know Newcastle so will hopefully come along and comment. 

Thank you very much for your help. I will have a look on the website.