189 visa processing times increased

Thanks all. Joeh99 is correct. I'm a GP. Had 80 points. Got my medicals done in feb. But applied for police check after submission on 8th June. Submitted form 80 also after few days. Didnt have any contact from CO.
Thinking of moving in sept sometime. Lots to think about and do now!

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

That is great news for you and really exciting! Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

Just a quick note to say Zoe and I received our 189 grant this morning.

I am a secondary school teacher. We lodged late March with all docs frontloaded.

Our visa was granted 10 August.

Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, Badgrammars said:
Just a quick note to say Zoe and I received our 189 grant this morning.
I am a secondary school teacher. We lodged late March with all docs frontloaded.
Our visa was granted 10 August.
Best of luck to everyone!

This is good news! I'm a teacher too. Lodged 3rd May. Hopefully might have a grant sooner than December.
Good luck!!

Anyone one else had their visa granted yet? We lodged on 30/3/17 so coming up to 5 months ... but still haven't heard anything. Fingers crossed it comes soon

No we haven't heard anything for the past 6 weeks when we last submitted additional info they wanted!! We put all initial application in in February... fingers crossed they now have everything they need and that the next time we hear from them is when they issue the visa... and hopefully soon!! X

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:29, PrincessGhia said:

Hope it comes through soon for you :) Seems to be a bit more movement going on so we may not have to wait too long :Dx

No we haven't heard anything for the past 6 weeks when we last submitted additional info they wanted!! We put all initial application in in February... fingers crossed they now have everything they need and that the next time we hear from them is when they issue the visa... and hopefully soon!! X

Update :
Received my email requesting medicals and police checks today.
I lodged on 25th July. My agent has been on leave for a few weeks in Aug but she has emailed me today advising of the request

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good news. We lodged on 21st July and still no contact from co. Can I ask what occupation you are?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,
i applied at the end of may, still waiting. I had an interview since and they've offered me a job. They asked if they can speed up the visa process, is this possible? Does any one else have a job offer?

thanks 

Hi I was waiting until I have the visa before looking at jobs. That's great news you have have been offered a job before your grant but you'll prob have it soon.
What job have you been offered and in what area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Louise Jessica Studds said:

Hi,

i applied at the end of may, still waiting. I had an interview since and they've offered me a job. They asked if they can speed up the visa process, is this possible? Does any one else have a job offer?

thanks 

Unfortunately securing a job won't speed up visa processing time.

Hello everyone, I lodged 189 Visa application on 10th July 2017. My immigration agent told me that Case Officer or his/her team is highly likely to contact me and/or my employer. I need to know if this has happened with everyone here or should I feel as an exception? 

Thanks for your help in advance.