189 visa processing times increased

1 hour ago, ashishmathew1 said:

Any one know why it is getting delay in the process

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Multiple reasons. There has been a huge amount of changes which is affecting the department, they have also had an increase in applications and a reduction in staff as a number have been made redundant.

Our application was submitted on 15/05/2017. Medicals, PCC checks and all relevant documents uploaded. The application is currently sitting as received, we have had no contact from a CO as yet . Is this normal/ On reading other threads I have noticed a lot of people having been assigned a CE...wondering if I should be doing something else?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicLynn said:

Our application was submitted on 15/05/2017. Medicals, PCC checks and all relevant documents uploaded. The application is currently sitting as received, we have had no contact from a CO as yet . Is this normal/ On reading other threads I have noticed a lot of people having been assigned a CE...wondering if I should be doing something else?

CO will only email if he needs more information/docs from your side, else VISA will be granted to you directly. All the best!

• Like 1

Terrible news. Funny how it was brought down to 4 months from 7, now up to 8 months. Seriously I could read all submitted information and make a few calls in a few hours and give a decision. How can it take so long! They can't be that understaffed, plus the money we all pay to DIBP, they should be hiring more. I'm still waiting for my invitation so this is devastating news to me!!!!

• Like 1

Applied in March, hoping to get mine sorted between Jun-Aug.

Now my plans are ruined. i.e. I have to pay the foreign citizen stamp duty for a property that would costs >$50k

Though nothing can be done but to patiently wait and accept the new reality.

14 hours ago, woody2709 said:

I'm applying as a solo applicant as electrician moving to darwin, wonder if that would make my application any quicker?

Hi @woody2709 - I am also a single applicant (30 years old), no ties, clean police history etc and I have been waiting since 20.03 (date I lodged my visa application).

• 2 weeks later...