186 visa Transition Stream Questions

TommyC

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm going to apply 186 TRT by myself. Can anyone help me with these following questions regarding 186 visa please.

1/ My IELTS valid until 30/05/2018 (as I know it's valid 3 years). I will probably apply by the end of August 2017 (enough 2 years on 457). As I see many people are waiting longer than 10 months. So that my question is what happens if my IELTS was expired while my visa application was processing or CO hadn't opened my file yet? Would they ask me to take the test again?

2/ I'm confused about audited financial statements. Does it have to be signed off by a registered auditor or just a company accountant?

3/ The immigration department ask for " a detailed statement declaring that the requirement for the nominated person to have worked full-time in their 457 nominated position for at least 2 years has been satisfied". Anyone know how to get it? 

1.  The English requirement is a "time of application" requirement so you don't need to retake a test if your IELTS is no more than 3 years old when you apply.

2.  AFAIK, audited financial statements would mean they've been independently audited by an external party.

3.  My company has used an employment letter confirming employment from the hire date as well as supporting pay advices.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TommyC said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm going to apply 186 TRT by myself. Can anyone help me with these following questions regarding 186 visa please.

1/ My IELTS valid until 30/05/2018 (as I know it's valid 3 years). I will probably apply by the end of August 2017 (enough 2 years on 457). As I see many people are waiting longer than 10 months. So that my question is what happens if my IELTS was expired while my visa application was processing or CO hadn't opened my file yet? Would they ask me to take the test again?

2/ I'm confused about audited financial statements. Does it have to be signed off by a registered auditor or just a company accountant?

3/ The immigration department ask for " a detailed statement declaring that the requirement for the nominated person to have worked full-time in their 457 nominated position for at least 2 years has been satisfied". Anyone know how to get it? 

Hi 

you should go with MA they will do everything properly if you missed something that might be the reason for bad result but it's my thinking sorry because they are very strict in these days taking too much time my file lodged 8june 16 but still not response 

but the last decision is your's 

MaggieMay24,

Thanks a lot, Maggie. I read your replies in many other posts. You're always really helpful. 

The audited financial statements are now pain in the neck for me. My company is pretty small, so that I don't think we have ever done an external audit before. We're an accounting firm, so I'm thinking to give the financials to the company auditor to sign off. 

Thanks Members5,

Did you apply by yourself? What type of 186 did you apply? Yeah, I saw a lot of people are frustrating with the waiting time these days. The department ridiculously increased the processing time.

I have been considering the risk as well. But I think I just give it a try to collect all documents as the department's list. If I'm not confident with what I got by the end of August, I'll give it to the MA.  

I used MA for only nomination part for the transition stream and I did visa part by myself. However, it would be ideal to get a help from MA for all the application process if it is not clear to you. My company used work reference letter, employment contract and payslip to prove that I had worked for the past 2 years. Good luck!

On 7/24/2017 at 15:20, Shigeaki Yoshida said:

I used MA for only nomination part for the transition stream and I did visa part by myself. However, it would be ideal to get a help from MA for all the application process if it is not clear to you. My company used work reference letter, employment contract and payslip to prove that I had worked for the past 2 years. Good luck!

Thanks a lot man. I didn't know that you can ask MA to do the nomination only. How much did MA cost you? Have you got your visa approved yet? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shigeaki Yoshida said:

Yes, my 186 has been granted. You can get a quote from MA only for nomination but maybe it depends on MA you will use. 

Congrats, Shigeaki.

Could you tell me a bit regarding to your timeline? Did you submit a form 80? 

Thanks man.