Advice before submitting EOI

Hello, 

I am looking for advice before I complete and submit an Expression of Interest.

I am looking into the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189 points tested), I have a BA degree in Primary Studies and roughly 3 years experience as a Nanny and Early Childhood Educator. My partner will be coming with me, we are not married, but have been together for nearly 3 years and lived together for 2....does he need his own visa or can we go on one?

Looking at the points table I have 45 points (mainly because I am only 24 and have under 3 years post graduate experience) but would have more points if I could prove superior English. Does anyone know how easy it is to prove the superior English? I have lived in Scotland my own life, have Highers and a Batchelor Degree, would that be sufficient? 

Or would it make more sense to wait until I have more points on the age and work experience? (if so, can I submit the EOI before, as am only 6 months away from hitting the age?)

Thank you in advance,

StevieNLetti :)

Your de facto partner could be included on your visa application, to be granted a separate visa, but from what you have posted your prospects of qualifying for skilled migration do not look promising.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?

• Like 1

Take an IELTS English test, a score of 8 or above in each of the areas will get you 20 additional points. After speaking with a migration agent, she told me about how New Zealand residents are now subject to the same points based migration system as we are which means we are now in a larger pool of people all trying to get their hands on limited numbers of visa invitations which means more points are ultimately needed to set yourself above the rest as they invite the highest points holders first.

As others said above, you'll need to do an English test (IELTS or Pearsons) to demonstrate superior English.  You'll also need your skills and qualifications assessed.  You can find out the assessing body on the DIBP website by the relevant occupation.  I wouldn't wait 6-months before starting.  The process is long and slow - from getting started on compiling all the information needed for my skills assessment to obtaining a positive assessment took around 4-months (1 month to put it together, 12 weeks for Vetassess to review).  You should only submit your EOI after successfully obtaining a skills assessment and passing the English test.  If your EOI is selected for visa processing, you have to pay the substantial fee upfront and provide documentation to support your claimed points, which includes the skills assessment and English test. If you don't provide these fairly quickly you'll forfeit your visa fee.  Your EOI will update your points automatically when you get more experience so there is no reason to hold off submitting it.

Thank you so much for all of your replies!

i didn’t realise I had to do the skills assessment first so will look into this and the possibility of a migration agent. 

Does anyone know of the best place to find a reputable agent for this?

thank you all again,

StevieNLetti

2 hours ago, StevieNLetti said:

Any of registered migration agents who regularly post on this forum could give you correct advice and assistance. 

Their contact details are in their signatures.

4 hours ago, StevieNLetti said:

Thank you so much for all of your replies!

i didn’t realise I had to do the skills assessment first so will look into this and the possibility of a migration agent. 

thank you all again,

StevieNLetti

Wrussel who has been posting on this thread is a well regarded agent and his contact details are in his signiture at the bottom of his posts.