St Clair?

team_27

I'm so confused........ we are a family of 4 two boys aged 9 and 14.....

Both very active and bright.

We want to be around 50 mins away from Sydney we have a quite tight budget of 750,000 to 850,000

Would prefer a suburb with good infrastructure and good primary and secondary education.

We would want an older property with more land however this is proving quite difficult.

My search is getting bigger and more confusing as the days roll by.

Can anyone please direct me in the right direction please???

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

There will be houses in decent suburbs in your price range but they won't be within a 50 minute commute of the CBD. 

Any houses you do find that are relatively close to the city will be in questionable suburbs. 

Check out the Hills District, Penrith area (Cranebrook or Glenmore Park are nice but there will be others), Camden/Narellan area (Harrington Park is very good), Helensburgh. All are good areas with reasonably priced houses. They are also a good distance from the city - but you can't have both, sadly..  

• Like 1

You could have a look at Heathcote, Waterfall and maybe Engadine.  Engadine is a lovely suburb with good schools, a little high street, supermarkets and plenty of clubs, sports and other things going on.  It has a great leisure centre, and there are lots of parks, a skate park, and it is close to the Royal National Park for beaches and walking etc.  Heathcote likewise, very well regarded schools and a few shops, and not too far away from the shops and conveniences of Engadine.  Waterfall is a little further out, but is correspondingly cheaper.  Each of those three suburbs are on the train line, so commuting to the city is easy, with the journey taking around 40-50 minutes from Central to Engadine, for example.  

Helensburgh is further out still, but again cheaper, although the longer commute might offset the cost savings.  I've not actually been to Helensburgh since we were looking to buy eight or so years ago, so I can't help you with what it is like now, although back then it seemed like a nice little community.

ETA:  You'll probably not get much in the way of a house with land in Engadine, Heathcote or Waterfall, but you may around Helensburgh, although as I said the commute might put you off.

• Like 1