nurses - revalidation NMC

xxlornaxx

Hi, I need to revalidate this year, doing it for first time....anyone able to let me use them as NMC registered person to put as my reflective part? I can do the same in return. I don't know any UK nurses personally to do this for me having nursed in Aus now longer than I did in the UK. Not great options for those of us working out with the UK. Thanks

I spoke to NMC and they said it has to be an nmc registered nurse, no getting around it and if I was a member of RCN I could join their forums to meet other nurses to help me out but I'm not a member! They also said they prefer I see this nurse face to face and if I can't it has to be an absolute last resort to not meet with them and I need to explain why...but surely lots of us doing it this way from afar? And would joining RCN be that straight forward anyway, when I used to be a member I don't recall these forums and I don't have a lot of time now. I have asked everyone in/near my area I can think of across three hospitals and community services but the only uk nurses (3 of them) are no longer uk registered. I'm in a regional area too which doesn't help. I just hate thought of not having it in case I need to go back there to work ? Anyone any ideas, help or experience on what they did?? I don't know what else to do ?? or is it easier to let it lapse then reapply??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...