Agency or DIY Visa Application

Mat8

Sorry if someone has asked this before but I am looking at applying for a 489 visa and associated family visas for my wife and two kids.

My question, a simple one - do you suggest using an agent to handle everything or go it alone? Really good to hear anyone's experience.

Thanks!

I look at it like this. I have been on the forum a long time. In the years I have seen a lot of people get a refusal - which means loss of the fee and sometimes a ban from reapplying. None thought there was a problem with their application, but if they had used an agent, would have. 

• Like 1

I agree. If you haven't done these before or have a very good procedural ability / the ability to understand minutiae I would at least ask. 

That being said I have done a Tourist/ Student / 457 and now PR application solo and haven't had any problems. But it's also circumstantial, and situation dependent. More people adds more complexity.

• Like 1

I've mentioned this in previous threads...coming from my own personal experience when I emigrated to Australia, I did find the value in engaging an agent for my visa application. I attempted DIY but with the complexity of the immigration law, I wasn't confident if I understood/covered all areas. Luckily, I found someone who didn't charge much so I went for it and I'm thankful up to this date that I got one. The experience actually inspired me to study the Australian immigration law and practice so I could get myself qualified and assist others in their journey to Australia - my own way of giving back.

• Like 1