189 Visa timeline

Pappy

Hi, I have lodged my 189 visa case on 28th September 2016 and on 7th November 2016 CO (GSM Brisbane) asked me to provide notary attested copies of Pcc, ielts test and my divorcee decree/certificate.

Due to some circumstances I have asked for extension on 29th November 2016 and then submitted all my requested documents on 10th December 2016.

Yesterday I have sent an E-mail to GSM Brisbane and received an auto generated reply that they do not send any replies to visa application status enquiry emails. 

So till date I have not received any update on my case. Can someone help that why it is taking so much of time. 

I am a resident of India.

I will be very glad if anyone can shed some light on it 

Right now this wait is decreasing my moral. 

There are lots of people on here who will understand your frustration. There seems to be a huge delay and backlog on visa grants at the moment. Even the agents are frustrated with the lack of communication and action from immigration. We all thought it would speed up this month being the new financial year but so far,  no one has heard any good news as far as I'm aware. I lodged my visa app on 1st February and am still waiting....

• Like 1

Things aren't helped by people constantly emailing and ringing wanting status updates....it all drags the case officers away from the processing. They not only have to answer the query, they also have to record the fact that they replied, and what they said. 

16 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Things aren't helped by people constantly emailing and ringing wanting status updates....it all drags the case officers away from the processing. They not only have to answer the query, they also have to record the fact that they replied, and what they said. 

Thanks Nemesis. I do agree to what you are saying but in my case its been more than 10 months now which is more than the usual time.

So i am bit worried and really don't know what to do.

Although we all are in the same boat, so can easily understand that the pain this wait is causing.

I just hope for the best.

9 hours ago, joeh99 said:

I have to agree with @Nemesis here. Many us are frustrated having to wait 3+ months; however, none of us have to power to speed the DIBP along. My agent said that they don't have to reply at all if within the 7 months advised.

Thanks Joeh99. Even my agent is clueless and every time I called him he says we have to wait and wait.

No one knows exactly how long we have to wait. And above all there is a fear in the mind all the time that what will be the decision of case officer....

All the best to everyone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joeh99 said:

Glad to see a few visa grants today. I am however concerned that 3 of those were lodged on the same date as mine! I haven't heard a word...

That's a good news. Atleast the new year visa grant process has been started.  I can understand this happens to me as well. 

But again wait is all we can do. Lets put our fingers crossed.

On 13/07/2017 at 04:35, joeh99 said:

Glad to see a few visa grants today. I am however concerned that 3 of those were lodged on the same date as mine! I haven't heard a word...

That's how I feel!  All the ones on and around my lodge date have been granted too! I stopped looking for this reason actually because it just started to worry me even more. Although it is the only source of any knowledge or updates...... 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

A REMINDER to forum members.  This forum was set up for members to share information about visa applications and processing times.  Directing members to other sites is not allowed under forum rules and posts will be deleted or edited that do so.

Hi MaggieMay24 

I apologize for this n will do as requested. 

Hi Guys - just an update. It will be 4 months since I lodged my 189 visa on 20th July. I know a few of us have similar timelines; however, i'd like to hear if this is the case for anyone else. It is becoming so so frustrating and anxiety is through the roof! Thanks guys

On 7/17/2017 at 14:46, joeh99 said:

Hi Guys - just an update. It will be 4 months since I lodged my 189 visa on 20th July. I know a few of us have similar timelines; however, i'd like to hear if this is the case for anyone else. It is becoming so so frustrating and anxiety is through the roof! Thanks guys

Hi Joeh99,

No one has any clue when this wait will over. I have asked so many persons who are on the same boat like us but all of them are clueless. Its been 10 months in total since I lodged my visa. For me its a very difficult phase of life. My life and job both are on stake. Morale is too down. All the paths are closed. Do not know what to do. I am just praying and will pray for you too.

All the best to everyone. May the almighty bless everyone with the visa grant soon. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...