457 declined and now lost job

Good Afternoon all

Looking for advise on my current situation. I was recruited by an Australian company and relocated to the Gold coast on a bridging visa, after a few months i was advised by immigration that the company's sponsorship application had been declined and in turn the likely hood of me been approved was slim. It was decided by the company and the agency that we should reply for a 186 regional  visa. However in the last couple of weeks the company has laid off all its employees including myself.
I have returned to Australia on a regular tourist visa in order to clarify the next step in seeking work over here and sponsorship as i have almost been here for 12 months so have apartments  car /base already set up

Hi @remeadows, Sorry to hear about your situation - unfortunately it is the main issue with the 457 visa being only a temporary visa. My husband and I had 3 of them prior to getting PR as we both got made redundant and then jumped on the others back and forth! Its a very stressful time especially when you have commitments likes rentals, cars etc...  - I do feel for you as we have been there! It sounds like there is not much you can do with the company that got you out here so my only advice is to try and find another company that can sponsor you. 

My husband got made redundant first and it was the old rules of 28days to find a new sponsor or go, thankfully my company sponsored me, but 2 years later they made me redundant so my husbands new company sponsored us - We knew all along that it was a temporary visa and if we could not get re-sponsored then we would look back on our Aussie memories and return to the UK. We were however lucky as we are now PR thanks to the last 457 and the company sponsoring us for PR after the qualifying period but until that happened we were always temporary and if we had to leave then we knew the consequences of rentals, cars etc... here. 

I hope it works out for you! 

Thank you for the information, As you mentioned very stressful to say the least. My main focus now is to try and source companies that are willing to take on a person with out an active visa etc..I honestly don't know where to start to look for such companies