Do you HAVE to include employment history on Skillselect?

Hi All

I'm hoping a migration agent might be on here to advise me ...

If you don't want to claim points for employment is it OK to not fill in the section asking for 'employment history over last 10 years' on the SkillSelect EOI? I have just completed my EOI and didn't fill in this section. It didn't have a red star next to it, which suggests it's not mandatory. However, I hope this doesn't count as lying as I obviously do have an employment history over the past 10 years.

I'm applying for the 189 visa. I have 60 points without including work experience.

I've been working for the past 13 years and had my last 5.1 years of employment experience assessed positively by Vetassess. My Vetassess assessment letter shows 4.1 years as positive experience, after deducting the first year. However they did not deduct the 12 months I was on maternity leave (I did clearly declare it) and they rounded up the month when I started work (i.e. I started in the middle of an August and they counted the full August, and I finished in the middle of another month and they counted the full month). If the Department of Immigration were to calculate the dates to the actual day (rather than rounding the month up) and deduct my maternity leave, then it could leave me 2 weeks short of the 3 years. Therefore I don't want to risk 'over claiming' points for work experience and invalidating the whole visa application. This is why I don't want to claim for work experience at all.

In short - is this OK? To just leave the employment section blank. Or do I need to fill it in?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Just to update ... I decided to fill in my past 10 years employment history. I marked all experience up until 2011, plus the first year of my relevant experience and also my maternity leave as 'not relevant'. It turns out the SkillSelect system does calculate to the DAY, rather than rounding up to the month, so it calculated my total as just shy of 3 years. Which is fine for me as it means all of my experience is recorded, but I'm not claiming any points. So keeps things simple. Now just need to wait and see how long it takes to be invited to apply with 60 points (construction project manager)!