Ele

Hi I completed an expression of interest around 6 weeks ago. I've not had a reply. Thinking of moving to Melbourne in a year Im a mental health nurse & want to get the ball rolling. Any advice, suggestions much appreciated Thanks

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure if I've filled the EOI in right. I should have 70 points & it says I have 55. I'm English & fluent but think I've filled this bit in wrong as it asked for a qualification in the last year. Any ideas? I can go back in & change it. Thanks

Thanks for reply.

At the moment I only have 55 points. Will I not get asked?

Age 33-39 - 25 points

English lan - competent - 0 points

BA degree - 15 points

Years of exp in Oz - 0 points

Years of exp in U.K. - 10 points

OZ study requirement - 5 points

10 hours ago, Ele said:

Thanks for reply.

At the moment I only have 55 points. Will I not get asked?

Age 33-39 - 25 points

English lan - competent - 0 points

BA degree - 15 points

Years of exp in Oz - 0 points

Years of exp in U.K. - 10 points

OZ study requirement - 5 points

Have you done a skills assessment -- which I think should be ANMAC if you are a nurse? ANMAC require  IELTS for their asssessment, I may be wrong but I would have though you could then use that on the EOI as proof of English, assuming your score was high enough. 

• Like 1

As Nemesis asked, have you had your skills assessed? You can't claim points for your degree, or your work experience, if you have not gained a positive assessment. I believe there is a minimum English language requirement for nursing anyway (IELTS, PTE etc) so again, this will up your points.

It's important you understand the process though. At the time you submit your EOI you must be able to prove your claims for points. For instance if you claim to have superior English on the 1st July, you must have passed the relevant test before this date Not after.

Loads of info on the forum, especially for nurses, so good luck

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks again for your reply. I thought this was the easy bit. Don't know what to do next now. I haven't had a skills assessment no. Who do I contact for this? Also who to contact about these English tests. I'm starting at the beginning & need all the help I can get. Thanks everyone 

5 minutes ago, Ele said:

Can anyone suggest an agent Iminbetween Manchester & Leeds 

I invite you to not be constrained by the location of possible migration agents.

Rather, you should be looking for an agent who has knowledge and experience - communications are so good these days you ought not be limited by where you are presently.

As an example, I'm replying to your post within 10 minutes, and I'm in Melbourne! 

Best regards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ele said:

Can anyone suggest an agent Iminbetween Manchester & Leeds 

Given agents mainly operate by phone and email, it doesn't really matter where they are. When I was doing my first visa, my agent was in Sydney and I was in Leicester. On my second I was in Sydney and my agent was in Perth. 

• Like 1