register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Trump doing so far?

25 minutes ago, Toots said:

She keeps going on about the first amendment - fair enough.  Pity they can't do something about the second amendment.

Playing to Trump's bible belt supporters.

As you say what about deleting a 200 year old 2nd amendment passed in the era of flintlock smoothbore rifles and what about adding a law giving equal rights to all citizens and recognising that the Constitution was drawn up in an era when slavery was legal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

What do you expect him to do with the unemployment , it’s effected every country around the world, just as bad here in Australia but Australia got off very light compared to many countries with the actual virus. 

Australia has done well in relation to the virus - very well handled .

But china is flexing its muscles, in the whole region .

On the border with india - in the south china sea , and  hong kong 

And australia has rightly spoken up about an independent enquiry concerning the covid 19 outbreak .

In the short term , the australian economy may take a big hit , and lessons may be learned on who you get into bed with , in relation to trade .

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

2 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Yep, he certainly likes  'em young and blond ( and not very bright )

She got the job because when on Fox News she parroted Trumps position that COVID19 was a Democrat hoax.  She may actually be over-qualified for her current job. 😜

• Haha 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

14 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

She got the job because when on Fox News she parroted Trumps position that COVID19 was a Democrat hoax.  She may actually be over-qualified for her current job. 😜

Well, not too bright, she held up a charity cheque from Trump on national TV showing his bank details

On 25th February on Fox Business News she said “This President will always put America first, he will always protect American citizens. We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here".  😐

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, simmo said:

A very talented young lady.

Talented at what?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toots said:

On 25th February on Fox Business News she said “This President will always put America first, he will always protect American citizens. We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here".  😐

Well that worked didn't it.

This need to be surrounded by sycophants is becoming so very notable as covid disrupts carefully constructed facades.

11 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Well that worked didn't it.

This need to be surrounded by sycophants is becoming so very notable as covid disrupts carefully constructed facades.

I always think of the Hans Christian Andersen story "The Emperor's New Clothes"   ...............  when people refuse to see wrong when it's blindingly obvious that something IS wrong.  The  expression"The Emperor's New Clothes" is often used to describe a situation in which people are afraid to criticise something because everyone else seems to think it is good or important.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, unzippy said:

Talented at what?

Talented at stroking Trump’s ego.  Definitely over-qualified on that basis.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

I always think of the Hans Christian Andersen story "The Emperor's New Clothes"   ...............  when people refuse to see wrong when it's blindingly obvious that something IS wrong.  The  expression"The Emperor's New Clothes" is often used to describe a situation in which people are afraid to criticise something because everyone else seems to think it is good or important.

Not pertinent here though.  Everyone can see that this Emperor has ‘no clothes’.  Some just either don’t care so long as they are profiting from selling the invisible clothing or are so stupid they don’t actually know what clothes are.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

😄

Edited by unzippy
  • Haha 1

The Donald has tweeted.

The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization.

• Thanks 2

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

Anonymous are apparently leaking a load of stuff....some connected with the death of Epstein in prison.

5 hours ago, amibovered said:

The Donald has tweeted.

But it's not an organisation.

It's a concept.

How do you outlaw a concept?

18 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

Anonymous are apparently leaking a load of stuff....some connected with the death of Epstein in prison.

And it seems claiming that Trump and Epstein were connected and knew each other.

On 29/05/2020 at 17:50, Rallyman said:

Truly shocking episode what happened to George Floyd 

I watched the LA riots last night, from 1994 I think. Same problem different time. A shop worker lady shot and killed a black 15 year old girl over a bottle of orange juice, she was found guilty of manslaughter and given probation by a judge. I recorded the rest as it was on late.

Mind you, I remember similar riots and trouble in the UK years back. When PC Blackelock was beaten to death when he got seperated from his squad. Seems to come and go.

Posted (edited)
On 29/05/2020 at 19:17, Gbye grey sky said:

That and she's good looking and after #metoo you can't be seen to pick on women and give them a hard time. Remember when Trump had a male press secretary and the press used to hound him. Trump got rid of him and has had females ever since.

He's a tricky customer.

Edited by Paul1Perth
  • Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 17:33, Rallyman said:

What do you expect him to do with the unemployment , it’s effected every country around the world, just as bad here in Australia but Australia got off very light compared to many countries with the actual virus. 

Deaths and infections on a per capita basis still behind the UK, Spain and Italy, there'll be a few more countries in front by the end of it.

The media and experts predicted what the outcome would be and now everyone is acting surprised??

People were told at the start to prepare for a 3 month lockdown, after 6 weeks the press are pressuring for a backoff of the lockdown to get the economy moving. Summer comes, people ignore the lockdown when it suits, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Italy suddenly decide they need holiday makers and people start travelling.

There's going to be a second wave and tracking and tracing will be impossible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kungfustu said:

They're anonymous for a reason. Reason being they just make stuff up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul1Perth said:

I watched the LA riots last night, from 1994 I think. Same problem different time. A shop worker lady shot and killed a black 15 year old girl over a bottle of orange juice, she was found guilty of manslaughter and given probation by a judge. I recorded the rest as it was on late.

Mind you, I remember similar riots and trouble in the UK years back. When PC Blackelock was beaten to death when he got seperated from his squad. Seems to come and go.

I remember the Toxteth riots.   It had been a police no go area for some time. 

• Like 1

Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde, Episcopal Diocese of Washington, who oversees the church Trump just stood in front of for his latest photo opportunity:

“The President just used a Bible and one of the churches of my diocese as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our church stands for. To do so, he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard.

I am outraged.

The President did not pray when he came to St. John’s; nor did he acknowledge the agony and sacred worth of people of color in our nation who rightfully demand an end to 400 years of systemic racism and white supremacy in our country.

We in the Diocese of Washington follow Jesus in His Way of Love. We aspire to be people of peace and advocates of justice. In no way do we support the President’s incendiary response to a wounded, grieving nation. In faithfulness to our Savior who lived a life of non-violence and sacrificial love, we align ourselves with those seeking justice for the death of George Floyd and countless others through the sacred act of peaceful protest.”

• Like 2

On 31/05/2020 at 23:28, kungfustu said:

Apparently there are around 3,000 sealed indictments sat there waiting to be rolled out , in relation to crimes against the united states from the very top down 

It's nothing new , I heard this 18 months ago - but nothing has rolled out - this was pre covid 19 - pre this incident , and even pre hong kong .

If it happens - it will be huge .

There are a lot of people on Capitol  hill who wont be sleeping easy .

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

4 hours ago, unzippy said:

Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde, Episcopal Diocese of Washington, who oversees the church Trump just stood in front of for his latest photo opportunity:

Preachers gonna preach.

Well, my money was on North Korea or Iran, got that wrong!!!

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"