simmo

How is Trump doing so far?

5 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Yep, it explains why the ABC is the only truthful news outlet in Australia.

If only...

• Like 4

I want it all, and I want it now.

2 hours ago, unzippy said:

🤣You really believe that?

Let's have a a look at some facts Simmo.

trumpy promised to completely isolate himself from his businesses. “I may never see these places again,” he famously said during a rally in August 2016. “Because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go play golf.”

The reality, as Noah Bookbinder, executive director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), points out, has proved to be “quite the opposite,’’ with his businesses “a constant presence in his presidency.” https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/us/politics/trump-recording-donors.html trumpy, who is exempt from government conflict-of-interest laws, refused to follow the practice of his predecessors in severing ties to his existing businesses or putting his assets in a blind trust. He retained ownership, putting his two adult sons in charge while still enjoying the benefits of any profit.

trumpy, according to data compiled by the watchdog group, has spent one out of every three days (https://www.citizensforethics.org/trump-500-visits-trump-properties) he has been in office at one of his businesses, more than half of them at golf resorts. The trips have helped propel a stream of revenue to the Trump Organization from federal agencies and Republican campaign groups, according to Post reporters who ferreted out the fact that more than $900,000 in taxpayer money has been spent on rooms, resort fees, golf carts and other expenses (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-company-secret-service-spending/2020/08/27/9331bd86-de36-11ea-8051-d5f887d73381_story.html). That total might not be complete because the Trump Organization won’t disclose what it has collected and the administration has not been forthcoming — in keeping with the president’s secrecy when it comes to such financial matters as his tax returns.

It is not okay that trumpy thumbed his nose at rules and sensibilities about nepotism and installed his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, in White House jobs for which they had no qualification. It is not okay that Ms. Trump snared valuable trademarks from China for her business while in her White House job. It is not okay that trumpy’s adult sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, use their political privilege to advance their financial interests, even charging taxpayers for costs associated with business trips — such as the nearly $100,000 it cost for Donald Trump Jr.’s jaunt to India to sell luxury condominium projects. It is not okay that trumpy doesn’t care about employees in the executive branch violating Hatch Act prohibitions about partisan political activity while on the job; he even encourages it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/26/us/politics/trump-recording-donors.html

I see certain sectors of society still find facts a difficult concept to handle even when backed up by statistics

4 hours ago, simmo said:

Did you see the black trump supporters in the crowd? Maybe something unconscious made them invisible to you?

What does  "check yourself......." mean?

Yes, but it looked staged, Blacks for Trump on the right and Women for Trump on the left side.

Why the need for labels?

3 hours ago, Parley said:

If only...

😀😀😀

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

2 hours ago, Melbpom said:

Yes, but it looked staged, Blacks for Trump on the right and Women for Trump on the left side.

Why the need for labels?

I see you have toned down your rhetoric ,concerning a trump victory .

Do you still think biden will win ?

Are you still believing the media bs that trump is losing ?😀

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

17 hours ago, simmo said:

Oh come on HH!  The man is a breath of fresh air.  Love him or hate him, he has blown the lid of the whole corrupt political system.  Politics will never be the same (and that's for the better) .

You will realise that sooner or later.

Major stuff to come out yet 

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Two reasons for this post:
1. The tweeter is a moron and doesn't understand this is from a parody site, or
2. He knows but he also knows his fans are so thick that they won't read it, they'll just see the headline and believe it.
Either way he'll just say he was joking if caught.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Major stuff to come out yet 

cant wait for the next update from your youtube experts.

• Haha 1

I see trumpy failed his town hall event last night, spouting even more bollocks than usual.  Luckily Savannah Guthrie was pretty switched on.

Trump also defended recently retweeting a post that baselessly claimed that Biden and former president Barack Obama may have killed SEAL team 6, the elite unite that assassinated Osama bin Laden, to cover up a hoax where a body double was killed instead.

"I'll put it out there. People can decide," Trump said, a statement that stunned Guthrie.

"I don't get that," Guthrie said. "You're the President. You're not like someone's crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever."

Refusing to accept that the US has one of the highest per capita coronavirus death rates in the world, Trump said: "We’re a winner. We have done an amazing job. And it’s rounding the corner. And we have the vaccines coming and we have the therapies coming."

The US currently has the eighth highest per capita coronavirus death rate in the world, and while several vaccines are currently in third-stage trials, none have yet been proven safe and effective or are scheduled to be rolled out to the general public.

Doesn't appear to know much about anything!

Trump declined to say when he last tested negative for coronavirus before his COVID-19 diagnosis a fortnight ago. He did not say whether he tested negative on the day of his debate with Biden as was required under the rules.

"I don’t know, I don’t even remember," Trump said.

8 hours ago, Peach said:

Only after a trump victory 👍

And that is coming 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 16/10/2020 at 19:08, BacktoDemocracy said:

Yep, it explains why the ABC is the only truthful news outlet in Australia, it has to present a balanced view of the political news rather than an endless diatribe of right wing nonsense

You are not living here and don’t listen to it. 
if you did you would realise it’s very left leaning and doesn’t present balanced views at all. Being tax payer funded it should be more in middle ground. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2020 at 21:26, bunbury61 said:

Some eminent people  are now saying lockdowns don't work. 

YOU CANNOT WIPE COVID 19 OUT - PERIOD .

All you can wish for is a vaccine of some description .

So in the meantime 

Protect the elderly and vulnerable 

KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY - EAT WELL AND EXCERCISE 

Wear protection 

And get on with your life 

Shutting the world down will prove to be a fatal mistake - if indeed it is a mistake .

Once you turn the engine off ...you cannot then ,just restart it .

WA and other states in Aus have proved the opposite. Lockdowns do work as long as they are policed right, people do the right thing.

Our economy sprang back pretty quick.

• Like 2

On 16/10/2020 at 17:09, Melbpom said:

Why the need for labels?

Yeh why the need for labels. African/American. Why not just American and proud to be.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2020 at 12:05, Rallyman said:

You are not living here and don’t listen to it. 
if you did you would realise it’s very left leaning and doesn’t present balanced views at all. Being tax payer funded it should be more in middle ground. 

Left leaning?

I guess by that you mean it presnts the truth with a balanced assessment of the consequences of different policy options.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Left leaning?

I guess by that you mean it presnts the truth with a balanced assessment of the consequences of different policy options.!

Maybe re read what was posted  🤷‍♂️

On 16/10/2020 at 23:08, Peach said:

Stuff coming about biden now and his son ,hunter 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

22 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Left leaning?

It presents their truth. Any positive story about aborigines, ethnic minorities, gays and lesbians makes it on to the newscast. Any negative story you have to watch another channel.

19 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

It presents their truth. Any positive story about aborigines, ethnic minorities, gays and lesbians makes it on to the newscast. Any negative story you have to watch another channel.

Not sure what Ita has been doing ? Not much it seems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peach said:

I dont think so - where do you get your news , the beano ?

Its even been run in the left leaning , new York Times. 

Are you saying the firing of a Ukrainian official , at the behest of joe biden , whilst vice president , which is on the record , and on video - is fake news ?

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

42 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

firing of a Ukrainian official

Seems legit:

Trump and his supporters, meanwhile, have advanced a widely discredited theory that Biden pushed for the firing of Ukraine’s top prosecutor to protect his son and Burisma from investigation. Biden did indeed press for the prosecutor’s firing, but that’s because he was reflecting the official position of not only the Obama administration but many Western countries and because the prosecutor was perceived as soft on corruption.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-ukraine-elections-134406f28e826380924bbcf773d2c05a 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peach said:

Seems legit:

Trump and his supporters, meanwhile, have advanced a widely discredited theory that Biden pushed for the firing of Ukraine’s top prosecutor to protect his son and Burisma from investigation. Biden did indeed press for the prosecutor’s firing, but that’s because he was reflecting the official position of not only the Obama administration but many Western countries and because the prosecutor was perceived as soft on corruption.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-ukraine-elections-134406f28e826380924bbcf773d2c05a 

You do know Biden was the 2nd most powerful member of the Obama administration ?

8 minutes ago, Parley said:

You do know Biden was the 2nd most powerful member of the Obama administration ?

Yes, that's the point isn't it?

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke