He certainly does.¬†ūüėĄ

A touch of jealousy perhaps ?

• Haha 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

I'd really hate to be there at the moment . Trump makes our left wing Victorian dictatorship look good somehow. If I had a vote, though, I would find it really difficult because I don't think Biden is any better.  Sometimes it is better the devil you know.

Nothing could make the victorian leadership look good - they are destroying the place .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

15 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

He might have slipped up with his judgement on the first debate. Give Biden a chance to speak and he'll hang himself. I think Trump lost a few votes in the first debate. Too tough, too obnoxious.

If he's not careful he could blow it.

He will probably get in again.  He didn't behave much better during the debates with Hillary Clinton either and that didn't matter.  He acted like an overbearing, obnoxious big git then too.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2020 at 08:12, bunbury61 said:

Desperation really setting in now - even if you hate donald trump , doesn't that ring alarm bells .

The Democrats have tried every trick in the book , since 20q6  but all to no avail .

Trump wins in 2020 .

Screenshot_20201009-084505_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

A group of men went a bit too far when Trump stated¬†‚ÄúLIBERATE MICHIGAN‚ÄĚ and later refused to condemn the armed protesters who converged on the Capitol¬†calling them ‚Äúvery good people.‚ÄĚ ¬†A couple of their facebook posts said¬†‚ÄúWe need a good old fashioned lynch mob to storm the Capitol, drag her (the Michigan governor)¬†tyrannical ass out onto the street and string her up as our forefathers would have.‚ÄĚ ¬†Another post said, ‚ÄúDrag that tyrant governor out to the front lawn. ¬†Fit her for a noose,‚ÄĚ to which a user responded, ‚ÄúEither President Trump sends in the troops or there is going to be a midnight lynching in Lansing soon.‚ÄĚ ¬†ūüė∂

Thirteen men have been arrested.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Toots said:

A group of men went a bit too far when Trump stated¬†‚ÄúLIBERATE MICHIGAN‚ÄĚ and later refused to condemn the armed protesters who converged on the Capitol¬†calling them ‚Äúvery good people.‚ÄĚ ¬†A couple of their facebook posts said¬†‚ÄúWe need a good old fashioned lynch mob to storm the Capitol, drag her (the Michigan governor)¬†tyrannical ass out onto the street and string her up as our forefathers would have.‚ÄĚ ¬†Another post said, ‚ÄúDrag that tyrant governor out to the front lawn. ¬†Fit her for a noose,‚ÄĚ to which a user responded, ‚ÄúEither President Trump sends in the troops or there is going to be a midnight lynching in Lansing soon.‚ÄĚ ¬†ūüė∂

Thirteen men have been arrested.

Good thats the way it should be - and how many have been arrested for the rioting , looting , taking down of statues and killing over recent months. 

Who is recompensing the businesses that have been robbed and burnt to the ground ?

Who is paying for the damage in inner city portland ?

Or don't you get that news in tasmania ? 

Regardless , trump wins in 2020 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

41 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Good thats the way it should be - and how many have been arrested for the rioting , looting , taking down of statues and killing over recent months. 

Who is recompensing the businesses that have been robbed and burnt to the ground ?

Who is paying for the damage in inner city portland ?

Or don't you get that news in tasmania ? 

Regardless , trump wins in 2020 

* sigh*  Yes of course we do.  I didn't hear of any armed militia deciding to take things into their own hands during the 2011 riots in the UK.  Those riots also started over the death of a  black man.  The police arrested over 3,000 people then and probably didn't get a hold of many others involved.  200 million pounds worth of property was also damaged.  Still no armed militia got themselves involved.  That's the difference between the US and the UK and I know which one I very much prefer.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Toots said:

* sigh*  Yes of course we do.  I didn't hear of any armed militia deciding to take things into their own hands during the 2011 riots in the UK.  Those riots also started over the death of a  black man.  The police arrested over 3,000 people then and probably didn't get a hold of many others involved.  200 million pounds worth of property was also damaged.  Still no armed militia got themselves involved.  That's the difference between the US and the UK and I know which one I very much prefer.

For the record I think americas gun laws and the 2nd amendment are outdated and need to be changed .

So did these men actually carry out there threat ? 

No - so thats that cleared up then .

They will be charged and rightfully so .

How the hell can you equate that ,with the chaos and destruction thats gone on in America,  and in the u.k for that matter .

Protest - yes 

But the violence and chaos - no , under any circumstances 

I suggest you go on YouTube and look up the clip of a black police officer from portland , during the riots - a few facts for you , from real people on the front line , in real situations.  .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

P.s - The building blocks for any society , starts with law and order , and family .

If large elements within that society don't abide by the law , and dont respect the value of family -, then you have problems .

I live on the edge of Birmingham,  and see it every day  .

The same shit that goes on in London and Manchester- we have it here 

If there aren't enough police or that the local law enforcement is operating with its hands tied behind its back - you have problems .

If ,every time someone is stopped in a car or on the street , you have an incident - then you have problems .

My daughter , was pulled over the police the other night- late at night - on her way home from her friends, by the police , just a general check  - I didnt get my mates together , and go and smash the police station up - thats the police job - they are the law - or shall we defend  the police , and leave our inner cities to the drug dealers and pimps ?

And before you comeback - what happened to George floyd was wrong and totally unacceptable - and the officer should face the full weight of the law 

I dont suppose you get to see many drive by shootings or stabbings in rural tasmania ?

Trust me , the real world is different to a report on abc 

A lot of the violence that the media attributes to poverty in the u.k - is to do with drugs , turf and greed .

The people rioting aren't starving i can assure you,

Yes , there is poverty , but the only people I see begging, in Birmingham  are WHITE .

So , I hope that you won't take offence if I totally disagree with your opinion. 

If ever you come back for a trip to the u.k , take a walk around our inner cities - its an education 

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

we had a similar experience a few months ago during the last weeks of lockdown when the weather was lovely.....we decided to go and spend the day at the river in Cookham....there are some lovely little spots where people gather and sit....the kids play in the shallows and play football.....we all went for the day and a pic-nic....bearing in mind my kids are in their early 20's and late teens.....On the drive back through Eton I saw a marked police car down a side road, as we drove past he pulled out about 4 or 5 cars behind us and followed the traffic through and out of Eton....we just got onto the main dual carriage way when an unmarked car came hurtling past us and cut in right in front of me forcing me over to the hard shoulder.....the marked car pulled in right behind blocking that route out.....out jumps a plain clothes copper with what looked like a gun in his holster and he ran up to my door.....he got to within about 10 feet and I think he realised the mistake.....I wound the window down and looked at him looking at me....my wife in the passenger seat and my 3 boys in the back.....a polite exchange began with him asking where we had been and me explaining we had been on a family day out lol.....he apologised and said they were patrolling for possible burglary offences and going equipped....maybe there had been some reports in the area.....it seemed a little excessive to me for unmarked cars and armed officers to be carrying out this work.....they spotted the 3 heads in the back which were obviously 3 young men and thought we could have been out and up to no good.....a genuine mistake.....scared the life out of me for about 10 seconds but likewise....I didn't go complaining to the local constabulary or getting my mates together to burn down the police station....I thanked him for the job he does....he apologised and we all went about our business.

All the beggars/homeless people in my town are also white....several of them occupying shop fronts with their bags of stuff....funny thing is they all catch the last train back to Slough every day leaving all their junk ready for the next day....they are not homeless.....they are just druggies that live in Slough looking to make a few quid out of passing tourists.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kungfustu said:

we had a similar experience a few months ago during the last weeks of lockdown when the weather was lovely.....we decided to go and spend the day at the river in Cookham....there are some lovely little spots where people gather and sit....the kids play in the shallows and play football.....we all went for the day and a pic-nic....bearing in mind my kids are in their early 20's and late teens.....On the drive back through Eton I saw a marked police car down a side road, as we drove past he pulled out about 4 or 5 cars behind us and followed the traffic through and out of Eton....we just got onto the main dual carriage way when an unmarked car came hurtling past us and cut in right in front of me forcing me over to the hard shoulder.....the marked car pulled in right behind blocking that route out.....out jumps a plain clothes copper with what looked like a gun in his holster and he ran up to my door.....he got to within about 10 feet and I think he realised the mistake.....I wound the window down and looked at him looking at me....my wife in the passenger seat and my 3 boys in the back.....a polite exchange began with him asking where we had been and me explaining we had been on a family day out lol.....he apologised and said they were patrolling for possible burglary offences and going equipped....maybe there had been some reports in the area.....it seemed a little excessive to me for unmarked cars and armed officers to be carrying out this work.....they spotted the 3 heads in the back which were obviously 3 young men and thought we could have been out and up to no good.....a genuine mistake.....scared the life out of me for about 10 seconds but likewise....I didn't go complaining to the local constabulary or getting my mates together to burn down the police station....I thanked him for the job he does....he apologised and we all went about our business.

All the beggars/homeless people in my town are also white....several of them occupying shop fronts with their bags of stuff....funny thing is they all catch the last train back to Slough every day leaving all their junk ready for the next day....they are not homeless.....they are just druggies that live in Slough looking to make a few quid out of passing tourists.

Respect to you for thanking the police - I always do that ,on behalf of the silent majority 

And they are always taken aback by it .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Just gets curiouser and curiouser in the US. He could do literally anything now and his followers would wet their pants with glee. Sad. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Just gets curiouser and curiouser in the US. He could do literally anything now and his followers would wet their pants with glee. Sad. 

Thats because ,trump , for all his faults , is seen as the candidate for law and order , and job creation .

Biden is perceived to be corrupt , and a defender of the riots and chaos .

If the riots , chaos and BLM demonstrations were an attempt to remove trump from office , they may have had the opposite effect .

You can imagine decent people all across the United States, some who hate donald trump , looking at the scenes of devastation on the t.v , and saying " we don't like the bloke , but out of the two ,he's the only one who's going to do something about it ".

I feel a huge wave of protest is about to hit us when donald trump is democratically re elected .

What has happened to democracy ,if people cannot accept the result ?

We have had it here with brexit ,and  within hours when the tories won the election .

Its a disgrace - if corbyn had won , or if biden wins , we will be fully expected to accept the result , and get on with it.

Thats how a grown up democracy works - not 4 years of whinging and whining .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

7 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

Yep, well the US has now truly become a fascist country

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/oct/10/william-perry-pendley-bureau-of-land-management-refuses-to-leave

I’m back because I am perfect physical specimen and I’m extremely young, and so I am lucky in that way" said the morbidly obese 74 yr old. 

His ACTUAL words ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£

What planet is this crazy dude living on? Delusional don't cut it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

I’m back because I am perfect physical specimen and I’m extremely young, and so I am lucky in that way" said the morbidly obese 74 yr old. 

His ACTUAL words ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£

What planet is this crazy dude living on? Delusional don't cut it. 

Your prayers were answered. He has made a full recovery.

Thank you.

• Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

On 09/10/2020 at 00:09, bunbury61 said:

Thats how " born winners " sound sometimes - he operates from a place ,no one on this messageboard could even begin to understand 

He's a billionaire, best selling author , star of t.v , married to a stunning looking woman,  he has bright, intelligent children and he is president of the united states - a job which he does for nothing. 

• He's a billionaire because his father left him a business and a fortune, and he hasn't managed any of it very well. If you think that's fake news, you haven't done your research.
  • He's a best-selling author but he didn't write or even dictate a word of any of his books.¬† They're all made up.
  • Star of TV - yes, I'll give you that one.
  • Married to a stunning looking woman - who's with him for his money.¬†¬†
  • Bright, intelligent children - they all sound like airheads to me. I haven't heard one of them say anything remotely intelligent.
  • You think he's doing the job for nothing?¬† He doesn't need to take the salary.¬† His companies are making millions in side deals - again, easy to discover if you're doing any research at all.

If you think "born winners" are people who lie, cheat, exaggerate and big-note themselves, and are endlessly vindictive to their enemies - then I'm very glad I'm not a born winner.  

Edited by Marisawright
  • Congratulations 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Your prayers were answered. He has made a full recovery.

Thank you.

God loves all of us.....

What do you think about his statement above? 

On 09/10/2020 at 20:00, bunbury61 said:

Good thats the way it should be - 

So you approve of lynch mobs? Seriously?

• Confused 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

48 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

God loves all of us.....

What do you think about his statement above? 

I think the mind is very powerful, which is why placebos sometimes work just because the patient believes they do.

If a patient or anyone believes they are healthy and going to beat a disease I think the odds are that they definitely will.

25 minutes ago, Parley said:

I think the mind is very powerful, which is why placebos sometimes work just because the patient believes they do.

If a patient or anyone believes they are healthy and going to beat a disease I think the odds are that they definitely will.

But that's not what I asked? 

3 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

But that's not what I asked? 

It is true what he said. The average age of people dying of Covid is something like 85.

I read the other day that in the UK the average age of people dying of Covid is 87 even though the official life expectancy for these people is 82.

Trump's last physical (before Covid) noted he was in excellent health albeit overweight. So i think he is right.

I hope you wouldn't tell one of your patients they are delusion for speaking positively like that.

3 minutes ago, Parley said:

It is true what he said. The average age of people dying of Covid is something like 85.

I read the other day that in the UK the average age of people dying of Covid is 87 even though the official life expectancy for these people is 82.

Trump's last physical (before Covid) noted he was in excellent health albeit overweight. So i think he is right.

I hope you wouldn't tell one of your patients they are delusion for speaking positively like that.

Never mind....ūüôĄ

Fortunately the majority of people I meet manage to strike a good balance between positive optimism and awareness of their health reality with a bit of humorous banter thrown in for good measure. 

Sadly POTUS does not. He's on cloud 9 and his ego is beyond compare. Good for him really. I bet he's happy. Pleasantly confused. 

8 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Never mind....ūüôĄ

Fortunately the majority of people I meet manage to strike a good balance between positive optimism and awareness of their health reality with a bit of humorous banter thrown in for good measure. 

Sadly POTUS does not. He's on cloud 9 and his ego is beyond compare. Good for him really. I bet he's happy. Pleasantly confused. 

You know that is his style whether he is talking about the good ole USA or himself.

On 09/10/2020 at 21:39, bunbury61 said:

For the record I think americas gun laws and the 2nd amendment are outdated and need to be changed .

So did these men actually carry out there threat ? 

No - so thats that cleared up then .

They will be charged and rightfully so .

How the hell can you equate that ,with the chaos and destruction thats gone on in America,  and in the u.k for that matter .

Protest - yes 

But the violence and chaos - no , under any circumstances 

I suggest you go on YouTube and look up the clip of a black police officer from portland , during the riots - a few facts for you , from real people on the front line , in real situations.  .

No because they were arrested beforehand.

I have no idea why you get so overheated on these issues.  All I said was I prefer the UK's way of dealing with rioters etc rather than the way things are handled in the USA  ......... as in nutters taking things into their own hands with firearms.