You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Trump doing so far?

Never thought I'd say this but America is the last place in the world I'd want to be just now - natural disasters, man-made disasters and a choice between a rock and a hard place for their leader. At least Boris has a sense of humour. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Never thought I'd say this but America is the last place in the world I'd want to be just now - natural disasters, man-made disasters and a choice between a rock and a hard place for their leader. At least Boris has a sense of humour. 

Yep, I'm sure he'll have a chuckle as our death count mounts to become the worst in the world. He's just told people to go back to the office as winter starts and the numbers rise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Boris lies and projects the image of a innocent bumbling clown when in actual fact he is a vindictive, power hungry obsessive who is lazy and mendacious and a product of his Eton educated class.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Boris lies and projects the image of a innocent bumbling clown when in actual fact he is a vindictive, power hungry obsessive who is lazy and mendacious and a product of his Eton educated class.

You don't like him then?

• Haha 2

Boris has brains though. Not sure whether Donald has though his wife probably does and maybe he listens to her.

17 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Boris has brains though. Not sure whether Donald has though his wife probably does and maybe he listens to her.

She can't be that smart, otherwise she wouldn't have married him. Oh I forgot, he's loaded, or is it his splendid personality and looks she fell for.

• Like 2

Shocking scenes in US where someone tried to murder 2 police officers in their car.

I hope they catch the bastard.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Trump wins in 2020 - guaranteed .

We all know his faults , and there are plenty .

But if I could only get through that this bloke is on the side of GOOD .

The evil , dark forces that are creating chaos across the United States ,and across the globe , need to be defeated .

Someone mentioned trumps intelligence , hes smart enough enough,  and extremely powerful in the right way .

Its not trumps  wife with the power by the way,  - its his daughter ivanka , she carries her fathers  energy , and will go on to do great things - maybe in politics .

Watch this space 

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Herd mentality will end COVID accrding to the orange one. 🙈👌🤷‍♂️

It's like going to a presentation by someone who is using someone else's slides and has no understanding of the topic at hand...cringeworthy. 

Slip of the tongue no doubt according to the Trumpettes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HappyHeart said:

Herd mentality will end COVID accrding to the orange one. 🙈👌🤷‍♂️

It's like going to a presentation by someone who is using someone else's slides and has no understanding of the topic at hand...cringeworthy. 

Slip of the tongue no doubt according to the Trumpettes.

Have you not heard of herd immunity.

You need 90% approx to be immune which should happen when the vaccine becomes available.

But maybe Sweden are achieving it naturally.

Apparently cases of covid are not as serious as they were in the early days of the pandemic.

• Haha 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

31 minutes ago, Parley said:

You need 90% approx to be immune which should happen when the vaccine becomes available.

Apparently cases of covid are not as serious as they were in the early days of the pandemic.

Trump said herd mentality not herd immunity.

Experience with many other infectious diseases has shown that herd immunity can’t be achieved without a vaccine.

Reports that more recent cases are milder are fake news and not supported by solid evidence 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

45 minutes ago, Parley said:

What Sweden has achieved is probably herd immunity conditional on mitigation.  That is, as long as the Swedes continue to apply the same mitigation strategies that they have in place (bans on large gatherings, etc.) then their R0 value will keep the pandemic in check.  However, should they loosen up without a vaccine they would risk a second wave just like the UK because their overall rate is still not close enough to what is needed for outright herd immunity.

So far it appears that they have no plans for lifting restrictions:

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/the-public-health-agency-of-sweden/communicable-disease-control/covid-19/public-gatherings/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Trump said herd mentality not herd immunity.

Experience with many other infectious diseases has shown that herd immunity can’t be achieved without a vaccine.

Reports that more recent cases are milder are fake news and not supported by solid evidence 

There is growing realisation that relatively mild cases of covid leads to long term damage to vital organs which will blight peoples lifes and will increase demand for medical interventions significantly, thereby increasing demand on medical services worldwide over coming decades

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/15/fears-covid-may-leave-thousands-in-uk-with-severe-kidney-disease-long-term-effects-coronavirus

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 2

Now reckons he was taking the pandemic seriously from the start, he "up-played" it apparently.

Yet again forgetting that this thing called 'video' exists and can prove that he's lying, once again.

Tool.

• Congratulations 1

Like any rational world leader, Trimp doesnt believe in science. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-need-a-president-who-sees-science-as-a-solution-not-the-enemy/2020/09/15/a13e3378-f745-11ea-89e3-4b9efa36dc64_story.html

Why are we even having this debate? Anyone with ears and eyes and a functioning brain can deduce that this man is unfit for public office. He talks absolute made up nonsense but still has support? He couldn't run a chippy alone a country....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-need-a-president-who-sees-science-as-a-solution-not-the-enemy/2020/09/15/a13e3378-f745-11ea-89e3-4b9efa36dc64_story.html

Why are we even having this debate? Anyone with ears and eyes and a functioning brain can deduce that this man is unfit for public office. He talks absolute made up nonsense but still has support? He couldn't run a chippy alone a country....

Hw would deny you need potatoes.

1 hour ago, HappyHeart said:

Science requires you to understand and comprehend. It is factual so it cannot be denied nor can it can be manipulated,  it is therefore the very antithesis  of everything that a slimeball politician trades in. 

On 13/09/2020 at 07:16, simmo said:

Two old men vying to control the most powerful country in the world, one of them using all the tricks of a criminal fraudster, when he doesn't forget his script, the other only in the race because no one else was stupid enough to bankrupt his family to win a stuffed donkey.

Or, alternatively two old men with obvious signs of alzheimers fighting in the lounge room over who gets the only 55year old nurse to take them out for a afternoon stroll round the gardens

Trump may be regarded as unfit for office in Australia or the UK but the people in the USA are very different and look for different things in their leaders. Cultural differences and that is why he will probably get in again.

2 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

Trump may be regarded as unfit for office in Australia or the UK but the people in the USA are very different and look for different things in their leaders. Cultural differences and that is why he will probably get in again.

Yep, is believing in creationism and that it's a good idea to let your entire population  have a firearn and ammunition sufficient cultural difference or do you also have to believe that small groups in your society have a god given right to tell you how to think.

The UK and Europe had this ideological struggle with absolutism about 250 years ago and embraced the enlightenment,  perhaps the Puritans missed  the seminar, too busy getting the Mayflower ready.

3 hours ago, HappyHeart said:

It's unbelievable isn't it? The guy has been proven to be a liar, racist, misogynist, and yet still achieves popular support. What is it about his supporters that they seem to value "telling it as you see it" above fact and science? They seem to support him purely on the fact that he "gobs off" (I love him 'cause he tells it as it is) and truth/fact doesn't enter into the equation at all.

Or perhaps there's that human propensity to support the underdog which media attacks have painted him as (most of them unwittingly), or quite simply that the "brain dead" (my appraisal of his supporters) truly believe that the USA is the centre of the universe and Trump can prove it so. From some interviews that I've seen his rank and file supporters seem  "Traumatised" by the disasters in Vietnam/Iraq/Afghanistan and think Trump can create an America that will alleviate their trauma .All mindless morons as far as I'm concerned, including the media that gives him (edited to suit their political affiliations) air time.

• Like 4

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

4 hours ago, Johndoe said:

It's unbelievable isn't it? The guy has been proven to be a liar, racist, misogynist, and yet still achieves popular support. What is it about his supporters that they seem to value "telling it as you see it" above fact and science? They seem to support him purely on the fact that he "gobs off" (I love him 'cause he tells it as it is) and truth/fact doesn't enter into the equation at all.

Or perhaps there's that human propensity to support the underdog which media attacks have painted him as (most of them unwittingly), or quite simply that the "brain dead" (my appraisal of his supporters) truly believe that the USA is the centre of the universe and Trump can prove it so. From some interviews that I've seen his rank and file supporters seem  "Traumatised" by the disasters in Vietnam/Iraq/Afghanistan and think Trump can create an America that will alleviate their trauma .All mindless morons as far as I'm concerned, including the media that gives him (edited to suit their political affiliations) air time.

He has achieved cult status, populism has convinced his supporters that they understand complex problems with symplistic analyses and Trump offers equally simplistic solutions which convince his supporters that they are very smart

• Like 1

That fundamental Christianity is what holds many of the Americans.  There are a lot out there, huge numbers and if that was the only thing, well good luck to him but it is the lies and the backtracking and sheer stupidity that worries me. No wonder he is good mates with that North Korean guy, they 'get' each other.