Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

TeacherClem

Any Teachers Applying Now?

Recommended Posts

Hi 

Did any of you study for an additional year? how long did you have to wait for your invites? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rain said:

 

 

 

Edited by Rain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

EOI can anyone advise? Where you fill out the education section on the EOI, do I need to list my GCSEs, A levels and PGCE or just my BA Hons degree for which I will be claiming the points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kernz said:

Hi,

EOI can anyone advise? Where you fill out the education section on the EOI, do I need to list my GCSEs, A levels and PGCE or just my BA Hons degree for which I will be claiming the points?

PGCE and BA Hons. It only asks for tertiary education.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

190 Skilled Nominated Visa (Victoria)

Primary School Teacher

Has anyone applied for this visa recently?  What evidence is required for the 2 year experience of teaching a language? I have searched online but cannot find anything regarding this. Is a qualification in the language required? 

Thanks in advance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190 Skilled Nominated Visa (Victoria)
Primary School Teacher
Has anyone applied for this visa recently?  What evidence is required for the 2 year experience of teaching a language? I have searched online but cannot find anything regarding this. Is a qualification in the language required? 
Thanks in advance.  


From the Living in Victoria site

Must have two years' experience teaching at least one of the following languages:

Chinese
Indonesian
Japanese
Korean
French
German
Italian
Greek
Spanish
Turkish
Arabic
Vietnamese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quoll said:

 


From the Living in Victoria site

Must have two years' experience teaching at least one of the following languages:

Chinese
Indonesian
Japanese
Korean
French
German
Italian
Greek
Spanish
Turkish
Arabic
Vietnamese.

 

Thanks Quoll for your reply.  I am aware of the 2 year experience however it does not stipulate anywhere what evidence is required to prove this.

Will a letter from my employer suffice?

Is it necessary to have a qualification in the taught language ?

if anyone could shed some light on this please.

Thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could any primary school teachers give me some advice please? I am applying for a PGCE to teach and really keen to do Primary, but it only offers 190 visa, I am considering doing PGCE with business to teach secondary and have a 189 visa available. But what are the actual differences? I don't really understand- is it just areas that need a primary teacher would invite me for the 190 and I have to live there for 5 years before I can apply for residency? It's so confusing! I would like to live in NSW or QLD after living in VIC for 18 months, I must prefer somewhere a little hotter! Any help would be much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

ill try try and answer anything as best as I can. 

I have a 190 visa for NSW tht was granted in June. 

I am a qualified teacher with a PGCE in Early years from Reading university but all my teaching experience has been in SEN across 3 key stages. I never got offered a visa for 189 despite all my efforts but a 190 came fairly quickly and my currently my understanding is that I just have to live and work in NSW for 2 years once we get there but I will clarify this if anyone is interested. 

 

In in terms of evidence I used whatever I could, my employer did a letter, my contract start date and I think you can even use payslips. But the more solid the evidence, the better. 

I don’t know about teaching language.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scubacam said:

Hi guys,

 

ill try try and answer anything as best as I can. 

I have a 190 visa for NSW tht was granted in June. 

I am a qualified teacher with a PGCE in Early years from Reading university but all my teaching experience has been in SEN across 3 key stages. I never got offered a visa for 189 despite all my efforts but a 190 came fairly quickly and my currently my understanding is that I just have to live and work in NSW for 2 years once we get there but I will clarify this if anyone is interested. 

 

In in terms of evidence I used whatever I could, my employer did a letter, my contract start date and I think you can even use payslips. But the more solid the evidence, the better. 

I don’t know about teaching language.

Congrats on your visa, when are you planning to move ? 

How many points did you have and what was the timeline? 

Quite worried after the nsw premier told that she wants to halve the nsw intake. 😕

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Areyousure said:

Congrats on your visa, when are you planning to move ? 

How many points did you have and what was the timeline? 

Quite worried after the nsw premier told that she wants to halve the nsw intake. 😕

Hi ,

we we are heading over in April to activate the visas and look at areas to live outside Sydney. 

I had 65 points in the end I think. We lodged last July and were granted in June this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Areyousure said:

Quite worried after the nsw premier told that she wants to halve the nsw intake. 😕

Right!? That immigrant bitch! LOL

But really it was a pretty vague statement. A big problem thy are having is getting flooded with immigrants from the 'wrong' occupations, and politically they do not seemed too fussed on that detail. The 189 program is funneling large numbers of the pro-rata occupations to SYD/MEL, that they simply don't want (most will take 1-2 years to find work and many will not actually be in their nominated occupation). They want the occupations in infrastructure and population support roles (e.g. non-prorata), which mostly have very little chance of getting a 189 at this point.

NSW has not started rolling out their 190's in bulk this year, so it's too early to tell if that statement from the premier will effect their choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Karstedt said:

Right!? That immigrant bitch! LOL

But really it was a pretty vague statement. A big problem thy are having is getting flooded with immigrants from the 'wrong' occupations, and politically they do not seemed too fussed on that detail. The 189 program is funneling large numbers of the pro-rata occupations to SYD/MEL, that they simply don't want (most will take 1-2 years to find work and many will not actually be in their nominated occupation). They want the occupations in infrastructure and population support roles (e.g. non-prorata), which mostly have very little chance of getting a 189 at this point.

NSW has not started rolling out their 190's in bulk this year, so it's too early to tell if that statement from the premier will effect their choices.

Hope that would be the case.

Edited by Areyousure
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2017 at 23:09, Anna9879 said:

Hi Guys,

 

I have a PGCEI, from the University of Sunderland, which was basically the same as a regular a PGCE course but the  12 week teaching practice was not done in UK, hence was not given QTS.

I'm considering migrating to Australia and was wondering whether, PGCEI is recognised by AITSL? even though it doesn't have QTS status, its contend is the same and has more than 45 days of supervised teaching.

Hi there, Anna9879

Did AITSL consider PGCEi Sunderland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2019 at 17:18, okcmiller said:

Hi there, Anna9879

Did AITSL consider PGCEi Sunderland?

Hi,

 

did you submit your pgcei for aitsl assessment? I’m in the process of getting my paperwork sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2019 at 20:43, Areyousure said:

Hi,

 

did you submit your pgcei for aitsl assessment? I’m in the process of getting my paperwork sorted.

Yes, I did. I am waiting for the result. This week is the 11th week.

All the best to us!

 

On 04/10/2017 at 02:37, Anna9879 said:

Do Early childhood teachers get assessed by AITSL as well?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, okcmiller said:

Yes, I did. I am waiting for the result. This week is the 11th week.

All the best to us!

 

 

Okay, good luck. Did Sunderland guve you a long letter as well ? Or a specific one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×