Any Teachers Applying Now?

Guest chrischatt

My wife and I are both teachers and submitted on April 26. Still waiting to hear anything but hopefully things will start moving shortly. There are a few others on here in a similar position. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

My wife and I are both teachers and submitted on April 26. Still waiting to hear anything but hopefully things will start moving shortly. There are a few others on here in a similar position. Good luck.

Fingers crossed you hear something soon then. Keep us posted!

Yeh I'm a maths secondary teacher, just starting to get everything together! Well actually I need to pass my English test first! I'm going through and agent and they said you need all documents certified by someone does that mean even if they have official stamps on them? 

Rach 

• Like 1

Yeh I'm a maths secondary teacher, just starting to get everything together! Well actually I need to pass my English test first! I'm going through and agent and they said you need all documents certified by someone does that mean even if they have official stamps on them? 

Rach 

For the skills assessment just get your headteacher at the school you're at to do it. We did it all ourselves and it was fine having the head certify them.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, joeh99 said:

Hi - I am a secondary school teacher also who teaches history. I applied for my 189 visa on 20/03 and still waiting for a grant! I'm heading to WA.

We want to head to wa to! Have to be honest it's a little stressful all the paper work! I'm hoping once I pass this English test and get all my forms signed it's plain sailing! 

Good luck hope you get it soon 

Hi,  I'm a primary school teacher and,  like Beaty, have applied for a 190 to VIC. Lodged application on 1st February and still waiting for visa grant?. As far as I know,  primary school teacher is only on the Victorian state nomination list. I think it also appears on the subsidiary list for South Australia but that's not as straight forward to get.  I say 'straight forward' but none of the process is actually straight forward no matter where you go! ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate, another teacher here. Currently faculty head in Glasgow Secondary School. Application went in 3rd May. Medicals and PCC done. Just waiting to hear. Hoping to head to southern QLD. Doing my QTC application this week in fact. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Yes mate, another teacher here. Currently faculty head in Glasgow Secondary School. Application went in 3rd May. Medicals and PCC done. Just waiting to hear. Hoping to head to southern QLD. Doing my QTC application this week in fact. 
Good luck!

Good luck! What faculty are you? I'm Head of Geography at a school in Wales.
Submitted visa application on Thursday so just in the process of uploading everything and arranging medicals etc. Let us know when you have some news! Hope it's soon

• Like 1

I'm Social Subjects too. Faculty includes History, Geography and Modern Studies. Most Scottish schools have gone to a faculty head system rather than single subjects to save money on promoted posts. It's a tough shift! I'd be quite happy to go back to the classroom full time in Oz. 

Got my sights set on putting notice in to leave at Christmas if Visa is granted before October. Here's hoping! 

• Like 1

I'm Social Subjects too. Faculty includes History, Geography and Modern Studies. Most Scottish schools have gone to a faculty head system rather than single subjects to save money on promoted posts. It's a tough shift! I'd be quite happy to go back to the classroom full time in Oz. 
Got my sights set on putting notice in to leave at Christmas if Visa is granted before October. Here's hoping! 

Did you wait for them to ask for your medicals and police check or did you just go ahead with it? Have read some people waited to be asked for them but as we're off for the summer now would rather get it done!

Should have said that the entry date to activate the visas is usually one year from the date of the medicals so you may want to take that into account if you're front loading. 

Thanks for the info. I remember reading they only lasted a year but didn't realise that meant you needed to activate the visa by then, just thought it meant the visa had to be processed by them by that date so that's good to know.