Removals Company - PSS or John Mason - advice please! ;-)

conandviv

We are due to arrive in Adelaide in August. We've had quotations for shipping from PSS and John Mason. Can anyone offer testimonials/recommendations of who they would go with based on your experiences. I have read lots of forum reviews on the subject, but can't find many recent ones for UK to Adelaide. (We plan to go with an independent like Letton Percival for insurance).

Many thanks for your help... much appreciated! :-)

Guest The Pom Queen

PSS and Masons both have an excellent reputation on the forum. You always get one customer who isn't happy but we look at the overall feedback. You have made the right choice to go with Letton, just make sure they know you are forum members 

• 2 weeks later...

We used John mason also for our move to Melbourne in 2015- very competitive- we had 2 competing companies and got each to lower prices and then picked the one we wanted- they went down by about 150.

We also used letton percival for insurance- all no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have used John Mason twice - service was great but packing left a lot to be desired, resulting in breakages that were avoidable - all other companies may be just as bad so I'd recommend supervising packing of paintings, vases, fragile items etc... for instance John Mason packers wrapped a large pile of places together using a couple of sheets of paper, not individually and not suprisingly they broke. These companies always recommend 'leave it to our expert packers' but I'd have done a better job. In future I'll be wrapping all fragile items in bubble wrap - especially if they are low value as due to excess I can't claim on insurance but they were treasured items for me. I have made suggestions to my John Mason contact about improving their packing process - and will post back any responses I get - but I'm not holding my breath as they've had the money off me now!

Edited by Chortlepuss

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2017 at 07:13, conandviv said:

Thanks DukeNinja and mansawant for your posts, much appreciated! :-)

We opted for PSS in the end and A Letton Percival insurance.

For the benefit of others going through the same process, I'll try to post an account of our experience here, as our move progresses.

Hi Conandviv,

I guess you guys arrived and by now your shipment has also arrived. 

Any chance you could let us know how things went?

-Charlie