Documents to show employment on 189 visa application

Hi,

Could someone tell me, when I upload the documents to prove my work experience I am claiming points for, do I need to upload every payslip I've had?! I have 10 years experience which I'm claiming for which is a heck of a lot of payslips!!

What other documents would I need to evidence my employment history?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

I would expect they would want to see them all yes, as claiming visa points is a big deal with immigration. I've attached all payslips and bank transfer payments since 2008. Takes time but more evidence and proof is always better. 

Best get scanning then [emoji33][emoji23]

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but the more information you can supply the stronger your application. I'm an electrician and I needed all of them for my skills assessment. So I'm definitely adding them to my visa application. Good luck with your visa  

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but the more information you can supply the stronger your application. I'm an electrician and I needed all of them for my skills assessment. So I'm definitely adding them to my visa application. Good luck with your visa  

Thanks for the help! Good luck with yours too! and to you! [emoji4]

• Like 1

Crikey that's good you have them@teacherClem... I'm not quite there yet but that's a lot of pay slips and I reckon we only have a years worth in the filing cabinet- what else could you use to back up the slips if you don't keep them all?? A letter from HR doesn't seem enough! Good luck!

• Like 1

Crikey that's good you have them[mention=263326]teacherClem[/mention]... I'm not quite there yet but that's a lot of pay slips and I reckon we only have a years worth in the filing cabinet- what else could you use to back up the slips if you don't keep them all?? A letter from HR doesn't seem enough! Good luck!

To be honest I'm not sure I would have every single one, my husband keeps a lot of things like that (I used to moan about it to him and now I'm so happy he has [emoji23]). If we kept them all it would be 120 slips [emoji33] who needs to see that??!!Maybe if we have a contract and letters to show employment dates as well that might help?

Yes that's what I was thinking. I have references that I used for my skills assessment that say since I "started on the ward in 2004..." so I think I'll add those. I presume bank statements need to be formally printed off by the bank rather than just by me from online bank? I used to hoard but then got ruthless a few years back...get! Well done your husband [emoji3]

• Like 1

I printed all my bank statements myself from online banking showing only company payments since 2008 and they were accepted for my skills assessment. Atfer all they contain all your bank details on the statement if immi want to check anything

• Like 2

I'm trying to get a letter from HR to say I was employed at a school from x to x and my job description so as long as that is on official paper plus bank statements I can't see how they can argue with that really. Good luck with yours!

• Like 1

I printed all my bank statements myself from online banking showing only company payments since 2008 and they were accepted for my skills assessment. Atfer all they contain all your bank details on the statement if immi want to check anything

Great idea, thanks

• Like 1

Just now, Samday13 said:

You too@TeacherClem. I know wha I'll be doing at work tomorrow, emailing HR and digging out my job descriptions.

Thanks@woody2709, that'll save some money getting the bank to do it. How on earth anyone ever did this stuff without forums I don't know!!

With a rather large headache for months hahahaha

Yes, did the skills assessment in January and IELTS test in April. Got our EOI invite in may so ready to submit our visa application now just need to pay! We're not sure where we're going yet, going to see where we can get a job really but like the look of Brisbane. How about you? 

Let me reconfirm... I did my skill assessment under Vetassess, submitting whatever document Vetassess asked me to submit (i did not submit all my 7 years of pay slip.. Only the latest 3 months payslip) n i got a positive outcome... So now i got my EOI invitation... Going to submit my application for visa soon...  When i submit my application for Visa, I must show all 7 years worth of payslip??? (even though i did not submut to Vetassess)... Can anyone clarify this please?

Let me reconfirm... I did my skill assessment under Vetassess, submitting whatever document Vetassess asked me to submit (i did not submit all my 7 years of pay slip.. Only the latest 3 months payslip) n i got a positive outcome... So now i got my EOI invitation... Going to submit my application for visa soon...  When i submit my application for Visa, I must show all 7 years worth of payslip??? (even though i did not submut to Vetassess)... Can anyone clarify this please?

That's what I want to know! I think it's crazy to need to do this, surely a contract letter showing beginning and end of contract and a bank summary showing payments should be ok? I'm going to try this first with my visa application documents. I didn't need to show pay slips for my skills assessment

I submitted most of my payslips over the period I was claiming employment.  In some cases I would skip a month but it showed a continual history of being employed where I said I was.  I also included my P60s, employment contracts and amendments to the contract when promoted.

@TeacherClem how did you find the ielts have mine at the end of July then will do my skills assessment! It wasn't long before you got you EOI to invite your application that's exciting! We're heading to Perth. Have family friends out that way. Good luck with everything and keep us updated ??

• Like 1

[mention=263326]TeacherClem[/mention] how did you find the ielts have mine at the end of July then will do my skills assessment! It wasn't long before you got you EOI to invite your application that's exciting! We're heading to Perth. Have family friends out that way. Good luck with everything and keep us updated [emoji1303]

Better than expected! My wife got me to practise a lot [emoji38] I got a 9 overall which pushed my points up to 75 so think that's why we got our invite so quickly. Was so relieved to get it done. The listening was the trickiest to be honest as they spoke so quickly, if you miss one part you can lose about 5 marks just like that so don't let it catch you out like I thought it did me! Good luck, you'll be fine. Do you need a certain score?

Yeh need to get an 8, I've practiced a bit but not that much yet! I'm finding the reading bit difficult when you have to say given, not given or false! Well done on your score! Would love to score a 9 lol! Best get practicing! ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Casey r said:

Yeh need to get an 8, I've practiced a bit but not that much yet! I'm finding the reading bit difficult when you have to say given, not given or false! Well done on your score! Would love to score a 9 lol! Best get practicing! ?

My tip for the reading is don't infer anything.  Only put down answers that are explicitly stated.  There often seem to be two correct answers but usually only one is written down in black and white, and the other is inferred from the text.  Another tip is to concentrate really hard during the listening as it seems so easy and your mind can wander, or you start reading ahead to see the next question and you miss the answer for the current question - this almost happened to me, and did happen to my brother and he had to resit as he needed all 8s.  For the writing, try avoid colloquialisms as they are often grammatically incorrect in the context used (e.g. in my test I signed off the personal letter "send OUR love to the family" but signed if from only from myself only so used the wrong pronoun).