New Occupations in the Skilled Occupations List for 2017-2018

TemporaryVisaHolder

Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) have released the new Skilled Occupations List (SOL) for 2017-18. Twelve occupations from the April list are removed. Below are new occupations:

OCCUPATION ANZSCO CODE
Equipment Hire Manager^ 149915
Fleet Manager^ 149411
Picture Framer^ 394212
Property Manager^ 612112
Psychotherapist^ 272314
Real Estate Agent Principal^ 612113
Real Estate Agent^ 612114
Real Estate Agent Representative^ 612115
Ship’s Engineer 231212
Ship’s Master 231213
Ship’s Officer 231214

University Tutor^

Full List can be found in here

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2017/06/30/want-migrate-australia-2017-18-skilled-occupations-list-sol-announced?language=en

Edited by TemporaryVisaHolder

Occupations below seem to have been removed and are not in the new list. Sorry for mistake in the earlier post

OCCUPATION ANZSCO CODE
Equipment Hire Manager^ 149915
Fleet Manager^ 149411
Picture Framer^ 394212
Property Manager^ 612112
Psychotherapist^ 272314
Real Estate Agent Principal^ 612113
Real Estate Agent^ 612114
Real Estate Agent Representative^ 612115
Ship’s Engineer 231212
Ship’s Master 231213
Ship’s Officer 231214
University Tutor^ 24211

I have already applied for Victorian SS (positive skill assessment, ielts scores and experience criteria met) on 30th June prior to changes in eligible occupation list.

However, my occupation chemist was removed from the list on 1st July.

I am anxious whether my application will be considered. I have received the reference number on the same day.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if R M N (reg nurse) is still on list as we have aphra. Reg done job offer has been accepted but now seems to have stalled but no news is good news as they say

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Please be mindful that there is no "skilled occupation list". This was replaced in April 2017 by two lists, called the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List and the Short-term Skilled Occupation List. 

To complicate this further, new lists were released on 1 July 2017 and there are now multiple Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List and the Short-term Skilled Occupation List relevant to different visa subclasses.

Note that the list @TemporaryVisaHolder linked to appears to be the lists relevant for Subclass 189, 190, 489 visas. They are not the relevant lists for other visas such as 457 and 186. I would also recommend against using a news website such as the SBS site linked to, as this does not represent the Regulations.

To highlight the confusion, the two links provided above (one to SBS the other to the Immigration Website) are for different lists relevant to different subclasses.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 07:44, Raul Senise said:

Please be mindful that there is no "skilled occupation list". This was replaced in April 2017 by two lists, called the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List and the Short-term Skilled Occupation List. 

To complicate this further, new lists were released on 1 July 2017 and there are now multiple Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List and the Short-term Skilled Occupation List relevant to different visa subclasses.

Note that the list @TemporaryVisaHolder linked to appears to be the lists relevant for Subclass 189, 190, 489 visas. They are not the relevant lists for other visas such as 457 and 186. I would also recommend against using a news website such as the SBS site linked to, as this does not represent the Regulations.

To highlight the confusion, the two links provided above (one to SBS the other to the Immigration Website) are for different lists relevant to different subclasses.

This is good advice from Raul. The two lists I've found

457 and 186 list - http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

190 (and I think 189) list - https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Stella Ravens said:

I was wondering if an applicant has a good chance of getting invited if he has an occupation from stsol ? or will each state in Australia come up with a separate occupation list ?

Yes someone can be invited from a stsol list occupation for a 190 or 489 if they have a state sponsoring them. Each state has always had their own occupation list for this purpose as before the stsol there was the CSOL which was very similar

• Like 1

• 2 months later...