register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Toots

Cardinal Pell ordered to appear in Melbourne court

22 minutes ago, newjez said:

You really think it was a dingo? Maybe Pell should have used that defence. A dingo raped my choir boy!

It was the devil dontcha know.

• Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

36 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

It was the devil dontcha know.

There are numerous examples of people like you who hate the church and make up false allegations becasue of that hatred.

False allegations are hard to disprove of course. There was a case only recently where a woman was jailed for making up rape allegations against her former partner. Poor bloke was convicted because the jury believed her and he spent months in jail.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-17/canberra-woman-jailed-for-false-rape-claim/10723908

That is why corroboration is so important and ideally forensic evidence as well.

I want it all, and I want it now.

7 minutes ago, Parley said:

There are numerous examples of people like you who hate the church and make up false allegations becasue of that hatred.

False allegations are hard to disprove of course. There was a case only recently where a woman was jailed for making up rape allegations against her former partner. Poor bloke was convicted because the jury believed her and he spent months in jail.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-17/canberra-woman-jailed-for-false-rape-claim/10723908

That is why corroboration is so important and ideally forensic evidence as well.

Did the devil make them do it?  😉

• Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

What a stupid comment. 

Exactly.

This is an endemic serious matter, even the Catholic Pope has acknowledged this. All, hence under his purview, if accused must have the matter investigated criminally and if found guilty must answer for their crimes.

The defence of false accusation and blaming the victim is thankfully easy to refute these days. People, the law and investigators have wised up to the inherent bias of that stance and are sophisticated enough to know how to seek it out if it’s true.

Thankfully using that defence is no longer accepted carte blanche as gospel, and for good reason.
  • Like 1

The comparison with Lindy Chamberlain is very apt.
A biased media which influences people widely so a jury is unlikley to be impartial.
A public screaming abuse and demanding a guilty verdict etc.
And ultimately a miscarriage of justice.
History is repeating itself. Of course when he is ultimately cleared most will say he got away with it.

If that is the outcome, he probably did.

You really think it was a dingo? Maybe Pell should have used that defence. A dingo raped my choir boy!

It’s a bit like the dog ate my home work.....

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Like Lindy Chamberlain got off.

except she was innocent.  Didn’t you keep up with the later proof?

3 hours ago, Parley said:

That is why those who rape children so often get away with it. How does his lawyers pleas for leniency sit on your conscience? How can this not revolt you? How can you live with yourself being a pedophile lover?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

That is why those who rape children so often get away with it. How does his lawyers pleas for leniency sit on your conscience? How can this not revolt you? How can you live with yourself being a pedophile lover?

This is why you must never sit on a jury.

I would say around 95% of those found guilty are guilty.  Possibly more but we should err on the side of caution.I doubt Pell is among the 5 % somehow. He had the very best lawyers (unlike Lindy Chamberlain) and was still found to be guilty.

• Like 1

He'll be nearly 82 by the time he gets out.  Who will look after him I wonder?  Will the Vatican help him?  I wouldn't think so.  

I’m assuming his appeal came to nought? It’s good to see justice being served, and those with influence and power not hiding behind it.

Those in positions of authority are not above scrutiny or recrimination for justice to be served, adequately.

Good day for the victims.
  • Like 1

He’ll get off on appeal.  A pity they couldn’t include the previous stuff that he did with priests

35 minutes ago, ssiri said:

I’m assuming his appeal came to nought? It’s good to see justice being served, and those with influence and power not hiding behind it.

Those in positions of authority are not above scrutiny or recrimination for justice to be served, adequately.

Good day for the victims.

His appeal is not being held until June 

Posted (edited)

Let's pray the appeal in June rights this terrible wrong.

Probably the most shameful outcome since Lindy Chamberlain was convicted of murdering her baby.

People would have loved to hang her too by the nearest tree.

Edited by Parley

Probably the most shameful outcome since Lindy Chamberlain was convicted of murdering her baby.

It was the dingos, how else can negligence be explained?

His appeal is not being held until June 

Ok.

12 minutes ago, ssiri said:

Ok.

Are you in Australia ?

57 minutes ago, Parley said:

A good job for him that they didn’t include his previous misdemeanours with priests, that are well documented

The judge summing up did a good job. The arrogance of Pell is truly astounding and he is lucky he will only have to serve just over 3 years. Interesting that he is still a priest, he hasn't been defrocked. Says it all.