189 Skilled - Visa Application in..... anyone else?

Hi everybody,

I have been lurking about here for a bit of solidarity over the past few days. I am in the same boat as a lot of you. I am also awaiting a 189 for myself and my family to allow us to move. EOI was done on 24 April and we received an invitation to apply the following day. The application was lodged on May 3rd. We waited 7 weeks until June 19th for our allocation of a CO (Adelaide) and had medicals and PCC done very quickly after. Due to a family holiday our PCCs weren't scanned and uploaded until 13 July.

I suppose the question I want to ask is this: I see that processing times seem to have been extended but are these calculated from application date or the date of medicals/PCC uploads? 

I'm a Secondary School teacher from Scotland applying with 75 points and my wife is a Radiographer. Hoping to make the move in December/January if at all possible!

Cheers!

Kev

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kev147 said:

Hi everybody,

I have been lurking about here for a bit of solidarity over the past few days. I am in the same boat as a lot of you. I am also awaiting a 189 for myself and my family to allow us to move. EOI was done on 24 April and we received an invitation to apply the following day. The application was lodged on May 3rd. We waited 7 weeks until June 19th for our allocation of a CO (Adelaide) and had medicals and PCC done very quickly after. Due to a family holiday our PCCs weren't scanned and uploaded until 13 July.

I suppose the question I want to ask is this: I see that processing times seem to have been extended but are these calculated from application date or the date of medicals/PCC uploads? 

I'm a Secondary School teacher from Scotland applying with 75 points and my wife is a Radiographer. Hoping to make the move in December/January if at all possible!

Cheers!

Kev

Processing time is time from application. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/06/2017 at 15:47, James Hallam said:

Haha @Stev it caught me out for a second as well. Physio is luckily still on the list. I applied back in May anyhow.

Hi James, Just came across your post as don't see many fellow physios on here! we have our visas and are heading to Perth in January. Just wondering how far along you are with the process? and what you have done about your registration etc?

Best of luck

Simon

• Like 1

No way to say how quick it will come through, we were invited within a week of submitting the EOI and application was lodged 30/03/17, yet we are still awaiting a visa grant decision, fingers crossed it comes soon as we are stuck in limbo at the minute.

We're in a similar boat, invited in March and finally lodged our 189 application on the 19th May. CO requested form 80, PCC and medicals on 4th August so now just waiting. Wasn't expecting a response as soon as that due to the increase in processing times.  Expecting my sons medical results to be referred but like everyone, the waiting is torture ?. Still checking emails daily hoping to see the visa grant. Hoping to move to Perth Dec/Jan 

fingers crossed for everyone ??? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @SimonandSian,

Apologies for the late reply. Only just checked the forum!

That's awesome! Good luck to you both! I'm moving out early to mid November this year to Melbourne. Visa got granted yesterday 12/09/17 after 4/12 wait.

I went out a few years back on a WHV and did the exams etc. Nightmare process isn't it. Have you done them?

How's your planning coming along?

Cheers

James

Edited by James Hallam
  • Like 2

Hello everyone, I lodged 189 Visa application on 10th July 2017. My immigration agent told me that Case Officer or his/her team is highly likely to contact me and/or my employer. I need to know if this has happened with everyone here or should I feel as an exception? 

Thanks for your help in advance.  

Hi there guys,

I am in desperate need for guidance as to whether my 4 year BSc Psychology qualification from Cyprus can equate to the 6 year Australian Bsc in Psychology as stated on the APS website for skills assessment.

Can anyone please help