189 Skilled - Visa Application in..... anyone else?

Hoping for a quick grant.... [emoji120]? It doesn't take as long as 4 months :-) 

Great. Congrats. Now it's all real for you.

How long did it take for you? Which occupation. how many points you had?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Haha... I did think for a minute ?

Its all happened on schedule so far.... process started end of  February and was lucky to pass IELTS test first time. Skills Assessment end of May and EOI in only just under 2 weeks ago. Visa application in on Monday this week. Have been told it could take 3-4 months.

lets hope it's no longer than that :-) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James Hallam said:

@Australia123go Hope you get a fast grant!!! Quick turnaround for you. Was roughly similar for me, 3 days EOI to application then all sent off incl medicals and PCC.

Applied for 189 - Yourself?

Cool- fingers crossed for you too! 

Just sorting medical and police checks now. Skilled 189 too! ????Would love a grant in July however not sure how likely that is reading all the recent posts. 

Where u headed? 

Just now, James Hallam said:

That's awesome! Where you from? I know, some people seem to get them quick, others seem to take forever and there's no real correlation.

Headed to Melbourne! Yourself?

First choice is Melbourne too. 

Did you apply through an agent? Not far from Bedford. U? Just can't wait to get there now! 

I just started my application hoping for a 189 skilled visa. Have my ielts test end of July. From Birmingham hoping mine won't take forever! I'm a teacher but don't hear from many teachers on here ! Good luck all 

Edited by Casey r
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, laurapilk said:

I've just applied for skilled 189 nurse only just put all paperwork in for certifying and have to do my ielts how easy did you 2 find it did you get help before hand or just go for it?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hey Laura..... I visited in February and came back and contacted an agent straight away!  Not looked back... just can't wait to be there now!! Wish you lots of luck with your application:-) 

Hey Laura..... I visited in February and came back and contacted an agent straight away!  Not looked back... just can't wait to be there now!! Wish you lots of luck with your application:-) 

Thank you we haven't even been just going for it we are using an agent too so going off a lot of research thinking Adelaide if all goes well wishing you all the best with yours too

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys - just an update. It will be 4 months since I lodged my 189 visa on 20th July. I know a few of us have similar timelines; however, i'd like to hear if this is the case for anyone else. It is becoming so so frustrating and anxiety is through the roof! Thanks guys