Newborn Rottweiler Puppy Spam

Guest The Pom Queen

22 minutes ago, Parley said:

Are you a registered dog breeder ? If so it is legal.

https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/animal-industries/welfare-and-ethics/animal-welfare/Dog-breeder-regulations/registering-as-a-dog-breeder

There is a lot of concern about unlicensed breeders who sell their dogs on Gumtree.

It is a good money spinner though when you can sell a pup for $2000 I know.

It looks like a reasonably straightforward process to register though.

I'm sure Pom Queen is responsible but there are lots of unscrupulous puppy farms around.

When the pups are so valuable it attracts people who are just in it for the money.

The pups are so cute people will pay a few thousand for one so owners make a fortune forcing their dogs to have litter after litter and sometimes keeping animals in cramped conditions.

It is a horrible industry in my opinion.

I will only ever buy an animal from the RSPCA as there are thousands that need rescuing and millions being euthanased, we don't really need this sort of industry at all.

IMO of course.

19 minutes ago, Parley said:

I'm sure Pom Queen is responsible but there are lots of unscrupulous puppy farms around.

When the pups are so valuable it attracts people who are just in it for the money.

The pups are so cute people will pay a few thousand for one so owners make a fortune forcing their dogs to have litter after litter and sometimes keeping animals in cramped conditions.

I will only ever buy an animal from the RSPCA as there are thousands that need rescuing and millions being euthanased, we don't really need this sort of industry at all.

IMO of course.

Our boy is a RSPCA rescue.  Have had him 4 months now.

IMG_0716.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Parley said:

IMO of course.

Agree about puppy farms but there are plenty of other rescue groups around other than the RSPCA.  We recently adopted a dog from a rescue group called Kunapa Kari.  For anyone thinking about getting a rescue dog (or cat) Pet Rescue or SA Dog Rescue in SA are good places to start.  Most rescue places seem to advertise on Pet Rescue, including the RSPCA.

@The Pom Queen the puppies are adorable.

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen
11 hours ago, Parley said:

Are you a registered dog breeder ? If so it is legal.

https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/animal-industries/welfare-and-ethics/animal-welfare/Dog-breeder-regulations/registering-as-a-dog-breeder

There is a lot of concern about unlicensed breeders who sell their dogs on Gumtree.

It is a good money spinner though when you can sell a pup for $2000 I know.

One better I'm registered with Dogs Queensland. As for money spinner I very much doubt we will ever break even, so far we have $60,000 of expenses we can't claim because we haven't made $20,000 profit.

Just for this litter so far we have

Price of bitch $3,500

Stud Fee $3,000

All testing, hips, elbows, eyes, mouth and JLPP $1,000

The bitch ate human grade steak and mince and steggles chicken, plus hearts, liver etc all throughout 

Pups because my son insists on keep buying the expensive mince is costing us $20 per meal 4 times a day so $80 per day $2,500

Bedding

Vets visits for mum pre labour $500

Then we have worming, flea treatment and vaccinations $1,500

Registeration 

Not forgetting extra heating, 24 hour care for the first 2 weeks etc etc

So we won't break even on this litter any money that we do make will be used towards importing a bitch from Serbia.

We will get, if we are lucky $8,000 from this litter

I am sure there are people out there that breed for profit, ones who don't show or do genetic testing and feed crap food like pedigree etc unfortunately I'm one that if I do it I do it right.

The new rules for Qld are bad in a way because all the BYB sign up and then tell the public they are a registered breeder.

Guest The Pom Queen
11 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

It looks like a reasonably straightforward process to register though.

It is and unfortunately as mentioned to Parley even BYB are signing up. All it is really doing is monitoring how many litters they have each year. 

There is someone I've heard about that live within 10km from us and they have 130 dogs of various breeds, now obviously they are in it for money. I'm told the RSPCA have been called out over 50 times but they can't do anything as all the dogs have their basic needs met. 

There is a dachshund breeder in Queensland she spends thousands on her kennels but is said to have hundreds of dogs http://dachshundaustralia.com/ she even calls herself Lady Fi. Again because her premises are ok there is nothing stopping her doing what she is doing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest The Pom Queen

Well an update, all have gone now apart from 4, 2 are staying with us Nitro and Electra, one is flying to Perth at the end of the month and someone is coming tomorrow for the final girl. One of the girls is already booked in to her first shows. Just wish I wasn't in the wheelchair as I'd love to show my two.

93A05710-792C-4D02-8A0C-97BFF5E8BA7C.jpg

1F0ADE20-C2F8-4257-B9B8-B9879514C88E.jpg

63FC43E4-BCAD-46FD-8513-0996892ABC18.jpg

IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

• 8 months later...