IELTS

ras248

My goodness! Ielts is stressing me out!

I'm booked for Saturday 8th July...

I am English, passed gcse english and recently gained my degree in adult nursing, however the sample papers I've doing will not get me the grade 7 I so desperately need!

keep @ it you will succeed. I wrote Ieits academic in U.K & missed by 0.5 in one section to get 7's in all categories. My friend advised that I try book it in spain or somewhere were English is not their first language. It did the trick for her but I decided to write it in aussie during my visit & passed. I mostly used videos on YouTube to revise & learn the format.

24 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

I don't understand this language testing business. If someone is a native English speaker, why do they want to test their English?

They don't. If you are a UK passport holder, then for visa purposes you are exempt from the requirement. But, if you want the points available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ras248 said:

So do I really need to do this test? Anmac says I need to on their website.. emoji30.pngit does seem strange that as a native English person, I would have to sit a test.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Yes. you need to do it.

Most people would only need to do it for the points, but ANMAC need it as part of their skills assessment.

I sat IELTS numerous times and have several higher education qualifications, I had to achieve 8's in all 4 subjects and got 9 in all but all on separate occasions were i would get 3 x 9's and 1 7.5, even in speaking (which was ludicrous as its my first language being from the UK) so i researched and came to the conclusion that a lot of people have the same issue, i then sat the Pearsons test and got 90 in all subjects (79 in all 4 to pass) . Good luck and keep at it, its worth it!