Teaching english as a foreign language

21 minutes ago, Fisher1 said:

Would a UK trained and experienced teacher having an additional qualification in teaching English as a second language be likely to find part time /private work teaching English as a second language?

Not up to speed on the immigration aspect, although from memory of your past posts I think you would be coming over on a different ticket. All I can add is that IME there used to be a fair amount of positions advertised, and more often than not, sought from within, for interpreters/teachers within Centrelink dep'ts and Child Safety and also immigration (refugee programmes)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Not up to speed on the immigration aspect, although from memory of your past posts I think you would be coming over on a different ticket. All I can add is that IME there used to be a fair amount of positions advertised, and more often than not, sought from within, for interpreters/teachers within Centrelink dep'ts and Child Safety and also immigration (refugee programmes)

Thanks John doe, and you're right about the different ticket ... I'm all set to move over in mid August (finally!) and am thinking, given the potential for yo yo values in the pound, I was thinking a small Australian income might be quite useful.  thanks for the info, its something I'm going to look into.