Makeamove

Social worker - children's

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

i have made the first steps on making the move.

Any other social workers made the move? Also my experience is in child protection, how difficult is this field to find a job? 

Any info would be great, we are in the very early stages and trying to remain realistic. 

Moneycorp
Moneycorp

Not difficult to find CP jobs, the turn over is huge so they are usually available. UK CP workers are often frustrated by Australian SW practices though. Must say they were a breath of fresh air when I worked in an associated field but none of them stuck around for long, more's the pity.

Really? is the practice really different then? Well hopefully I won't find it to hard to find myself a job then

Thanks

Some I have spoken to in the past think that they are very behind the times!  Then they've moved on, many moved back.

I agree with Quoll. It is heading in the right direction but at least 10 years behind the UK in terms of approach. A lot of people find it frustrating. 

NDIS is coming in soon so this will mean that there is more pressure on jobs - people will be transferring from disability services to other fields of social work, but I still think that in CP you should be okay.