PSS came today to ship -here's what I learnt

adele244

6 hours ago, kevsan said:

Who told you movecube fees were so high? They are a fixed price AU$325 - you can see for yourself if you quote on the website. Whats the total price for the PSS move? plus if you are sharing you may get delayed while its filled with other peoples stuff

Our large movecube was  £890 plus AU$325 all in door to door from Warwickshire to Melbourne SE suburbs

Hi Kevsan, 

It was the guy on the phone from seven seas (move cube) who gave me the Aus $ quotes. I was pleased he did, but was surprised by the amount!

1 hour ago, unzippy said:

What happened there? the Aus side of the deal didn't honour the Eng quote?

That's what happened with us - PSS quoted us in England for a door to door price based on the size of our shipment.

When it arrived in Aus, the Aus company got in touch to arrange delivery but the prices had drastically changed from what PSS had quoted.

PSS said A$32 a week for storage to A$ 73.00  and A$179 for handling to A$459.00!

I queried this with them, cc'ing the people I'd dealt with at PSS and attacing the original quote - it got sorted;)

Not a good introduction to Australian business practices:rolleyes:

Oh dear, glad you got it sorted! Did the handling fee include the IMC clearance etc (so that was the total amount of A$ you spent - aside from storage)? Sorry a little clueless in all this!

I'm using a pack it myself 20ft sole use container, all I have to do is collect it from Brisbane post and pay the port fees etc as I simply can't afford door to door packing service which would make life a lot easier for me but I have some fantastic friends both sides who are helping ???? I've already started collecting boxes ?

22 hours ago, DukeNinja said:

Unfortunately our MoveCube wasn't as cheap as we expected. We paid GBP890 in the UK, and just over AUD900 in Australia for the journey.

Screenshot_20171212-105342_01.jpg

Screenshot_20171212-105535_01.jpg

Wow, really? Very strange - i would go back to them and query that.

It was all very clear for us, fixed price on both sides for door to door. - 890 and 325. The only caveat would be any fees for additional cleaning / disposal if customs made a fuss.

16 hours ago, Chasing a dream said:

Oh dear, glad you got it sorted! Did the handling fee include the IMC clearance etc (so that was the total amount of A$ you spent - aside from storage)? Sorry a little clueless in all this!

Door to door and for what volume of stuff?

Not quite sure at the mo as our stuff is in still storage - we are in Tas with the in laws until Jan, then we head to Melb to find accommodation and work.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:55, adele244 said:

Hi Guys, just an update. The container was delayed, should have been at Brisbane on the 4th but landed on the 10th. (was because of the Mearsk cyber attack) it took exactly 7 days for quarantine to clear it, which was on a Friday and we got it delivered the following Wednesday. 

So all in all it took from June 23rd to August 23rd door step to door step.  The container that arrived was a different one, so they definitely removed all the stuff and put it back in another container. Nothing was stolen or damaged which I was very surprised at.

Very happy with PSS. :D

We have chose PSS to ship our stuff from chilly Newcastle to Oz, so this is great to hear you had a good experience :)

Can I ask if you took any wooden artwork or ornaments? We have some stuff from Cuba and they haven't really been able to tell us if we can bring it or not. Any help would be great?

Also may be a daft question (my brain is fried with planning everything xD)... we have a collection of beer glasses from around the world and also vodka bottles (empty) they are ok to ship aren't they?

Thanks