Medicals

brock79

Me and my wife have recently been granted our RRV's, so we now have 1 year to move back to Oz. 

We need to apply for Child visas for our 2 children first however. 

To hopefully speed things up I wanted to submit our children's complete applications together with their medical checks.  I have just rang the DIBP approved medical centre in Manchester to make an appointment but I was advised that they can't see us until we have a HAP ID number, is that correct?

Does this then mean that we have to submit the child visa's first without doing the medicals? We have to submit the child visa's in the post to London as they can't be done online at present, do they send you a HAP ID pretty quickly when they confirm your application?

As we only have 12 months I don't want to wait until medicals are requested, I want to get them done for the children as soon as possible.

Can anyone advise on the above and the process?

Thanks. 

You can generate your own hap id online.

First, create your immi account if you don't already have one. Then complete "my health declarations" and this generates a hap id, which you need for booking medicals. 

Just google how to create hap id - I would link but DIBP seems to be down just now.

Thanks, but as these are 2 Child Visa's which I'm applying for, which can't be done online (they have to be submitted in paper to London), I don't think that option will be available to us will it? Or can we still do that even if it's not regarding an online application?

I already have an online Immi account but that was just for mine and my wife's RRV's which could be applied for online. 

Edited by brock79

You can still apply for hap ids for children online via your account. Can't see why they wouldn't be valid - when front loading you simply put the hap id number in the visa form when your medical is complete. This is what we did but it was for all of us, as a family, not just for a child visa. 

What you shouldn't do is apply for the visa and then do medicals before you're asked. Either front load or wait to be asked.

once the website is back online, there is quite a lot of info available

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll check my online Immi account when it's back online then. 

I just thought that account was only for my online applications which were our RRV's, but hopefully there is an option online as we do want to front load the child applications with the medicals. 

Edited by brock79

Just had a quick check on my Immi account. It's a bit confusing (no surprise there) but it looks like if I select "new application" then "Health" I can pick Child 101 visa and then tick a box to say I've not already submitted the visa application, hopefully it will give me a hap ID at the end of that once I've filled in my children's details as the applicants. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1