Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dickie332

Newbie alert!!!

Guest Dickie332

Hi everyone!! just joined and thought id introduce myself,

My names Martin and i currently live in Ipswich.

ive got my 457 temp work visa approved and will be moving to Berwick Victoria as a car mechanic for Mercedes in August by myself, GULP!!!!

Im in the process sorting out booking a flight and shipping my stuff out there could anyone reccommend a good cheep shipping company??? ive been told pickfords are good?? could anyone also reccommend any cheep places for flights???

Guest Pinhead
Hi everyone!! just joined and thought id introduce myself,

My names Martin and i currently live in Ipswich.

ive got my 457 temp work visa approved and will be moving to Berwick Victoria as a car mechanic for Mercedes in August by myself, GULP!!!!

Im in the process sorting out booking a flight and shipping my stuff out there could anyone reccommend a good cheep shipping company??? ive been told pickfords are good?? could anyone also reccommend any cheep places for flights???

Welcome Martin

Don't worry I'm going to Oz (Melbourne) on my own as well (Feb next year).

You should be able to get a good deal on a flight if you start looking ASAP, quite often there are deals to Oz in the winter season to Melbourne/Sydney.

Travelbag may be worth a look I used them last time.

In some circumstances it's cheaper to get a return than a one way as odd as it seems.

You could also give Qantas a go they have one way flights from £656 in August.

Guest Dickie332

Thanks for the info guys i'll give pickfords call for a quote and try my luck on travelbag :o)

hope your stuff arrives ok chelle! how long did it take to get out there?

where abouts you heading to pinhead?

Guest Pinhead

I going to live in the CBD, I lived there for 6 months in 2004 and loved it.

Majority of people here are going with their families so the centre of the city to live is not on the top of most peoples lists.

Strangely enough my CBA bank branch is in Berwick but I've never been there, I heard some good reports on it though.

Guest Dickie332

on the topic of banks :o) i hear the HSBC have banks out there would it be better for me to open an account with them or go for an account with the royal bank of australia??

Guest Pinhead

If you have an account already with HSBC it probably would be easier to setup an account in Oz through them. However I have found CBA to be excellent and they have branches and ATMs everywhere.

You may struggle to find a local branch of HSBC depending on where you are.

So I'd say if you bank with HSBC already then probably go with them (you can always change once you get there) if not then go for one of the Oz banks.

Guest Dickie332

cool cheers for the info, i dont bank with HSBC so i'll give the oz bank a try :o)

ive been waiting since feb for all this to happen and its all taking off now :oP

Guest Dickie332

awesome!! cheers for the link :o)