You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Frukoz

Tourist visa to bridging visa with full working right to partner visa?

Hi there,

I understand that, technically, it is possible to enter Australia as a UK citizen on a tourist visa and then apply for a Partner visa once in Australia. Since it takes a long time time for this type of visa to go through, can anyone confirm that we can be put onto a bridging visa with full working rights until this Partner visa comes through? My understanding is that UK tourist visas don't usually have the "no further stay" clause?

I fully understand that you must not enter Australia under false pretenses or be deceitful to immigration. We're visiting Australia as tourists later this year and I have an Australian passport. Once in Australia, we may decide that we like it and may wish to stay. I'd like to know the options.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, that is correct. The Bridging visa associated with the lodged partner application has no conditions once in effect. This means the holder can work or study.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Yes that's correct. I went through this process myself...  entered on a tourist visa and then applied onshore. Was given a bridging visa. I didn't get my visa granted though as i returned to the UK but that's another issue haha.

Thanks guys - glad to hear this is an option!

@BritChickx - that must have been a lot of dollarydoos down the toilet - partner visa is expensive!

• Like 1