AMSA authorities

Skc

Hello everyone !! Greetings from Nepal. I got some queries regarding my youngest brother who is currently now in Italy for his study experience. He did his 6 month seaman course in India and now after many months luckily he got placement in Italy in a cargo ship. He will be there for 1 year for learning as well as gaining experience. I am aware that his position is very lower but still got some queries if he can apply for skill migration visa to australia by any chance ? Or? Through his course will we be able to apply for student visa for bachelor in nautical science in australia ? Plese help !! Thank you very much for your valuable time ??

The only occupations he could consider are Ship's Engineer, Ship's Master and Ship's Officer.  I have no idea what education/experience are required to pass the skills assessment so he would need to refer to the AMSA website for that.  He'd then need to have the minimum 60 points to apply for an invitation for a visa.

If he did study in Australia, he may be eligible for a 485 visa after graduating but again I don't know the skills assessment requirements or whether that would bring him closer to eligibility for a PR visa.