applying visitor visa after childvisa 101

mayawino

Hello friends, 

We are a PR visa holder family with a new addition just in ! 

we have applied for the offshore childvisa 101 in May 2017.Now we want to travel to AUS to settle there asap as our PR visa expires next year. We want to take our baby with us on the visitor visa (12 mos if we get lucky).Now i have few queries and ill be grateful if any of you guys can guide me. 

1.  If  we have to travel on 1st Jan 2018 how well before our travel should i apply visitor visa for my baby?

2. how much bank balance we need to show for this visa and of how many months  ? As we are going to settle there permenantly , should the statement reflect strong ties with the native country in terms of financial transaction and richness of the account? OR can i just reflect the specific required amount in any bank account to show the sufficient funds requirement?

3. How much savings we should have to take with us to AUS to start a living (ball park figure)? what is the bear minimum line ?

Please guys do respond as we need your help .

regards 

Maya

To be really frank, I don't think your Child Visa will take 1 year to be granted. I applied in New Delhi last November for my daughter and got it granted in January. Keeping that aside, you need to clearly mention in your application form for tourist visa what your intent is. You need to mention that you have applied for child visa and you will make sure that your child leaves the country at the end of the stay term or after the Child visa is granted to return on PR visa. One more thing you need to remember is that once your offshore Child Visa is granted the child needs to leave the country to enter back on PR. In terms of finances I don't remember showing any particular figure.

your third question about funds to carry, you need to give more information. Which state are you planning to live in? How many members in your family? You need to go to the state immigration website and see what amount they have mentioned. That may not be accurate but will give you the ball part figure you are asking.

Edited by path2aus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, path2aus said:

To be really frank, I don't think your Child Visa will take 1 year to be granted. I applied in New Delhi last November for my daughter and got it granted in January. Keeping that aside, you need to clearly mention in your application form for tourist visa what your intent is. You need to mention that you have applied for child visa and you will make sure that your child leaves the country at the end of the stay term or after the Child visa is granted to return on PR visa. One more thing you need to remember is that once your offshore Child Visa is granted the child needs to leave the country to enter back on PR. In terms of finances I don't remember showing any particular figure.

your third question about funds to carry, you need to give more information. Which state are you planning to live in? How many members in your family? You need to go to the state immigration website and see what amount they have mentioned. That may not be accurate but will give you the ball part figure you are asking.

Thankyou so much for your prompt responce, I really appreciate it. 

1. You said' In terms of finances I don't remember showing any particular figure'.

I didnt show any finances for the childvisa 101 but for applying tourist visa they have mentioned this in their document checklist. ( but neither the amount is mentioned nor the period )

2. Funds to carry: We have been to Sydney and may plan to go to Melbourne bcz my husband would be persuing his PHD from there. In your opinion which state would be better off to start with. I have 3 kids , all minors in age. 

3. Yes we do intend to clearly specify for what reasons we are applying this visitor visa for, but if , like you said , our child visa can get approved in two months then nothing could be better than that. i hope the processing timings for India and Pakistan are the same. 

4. when were your assigned the CO for your visa case? after what time period?

Thanking you again for your feedback

Maya

Hello @mayawino. I don't think there is any specific amount mentioned for tourist visa as far as I know. 

Regarding Melbourne or Sydney, According to Victoria website, they mention Primary + 4 need to carry $60000 AUD. These are just figures and may or may not apply for everyone. You need to make sure you have enough funds to take care of your family when you land here. Please do some research on the cost of living. Sydney is quite an expensive place but Melbourne is decent. I do not live in either of those cities so I have no idea regarding the cost of living.

My CO got assigned within a week of my submitting the application.