Tools?

JoleneSW93

Was under the impression that lithium batteries would be classed as dangerous goods and would need to be shipped?

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

I flew air Canada and they were allowed, just had to be in hand luggage. Check your airline rules.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

145b62fef598a71cb5f59709efe669a0.jpg

I had my full tool box and tools shipped in the container supplied by Anglo pacific. I paid extra £100 to have it cased to protect it. I washed all my tools by hand in jelis fluid and got them as clean as possible. We container lands in dock they will deliver your container but not the tools- too heavy. So I rented a ute for $70 and drove to dock, pulled all the draws inc tools, stacked in the back and drove to our rental. Worth every penny and hassle because apart from snap on calling at your workplace no one else will, and there is not a great selection of tools- bring what you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm moving to Sydney early next year and haven't got a clue if I can take my tools. The problem is I'm multi skilled and do most aspects of small building work fitting kitchens and bathrooms.
This means I have tools for every trade, plastering, joinery, plumbing, electrical, tiling etc.
Does anyone have any idea if I can bring those tools over ? It's hard to clean a £600 compound mitre saw.
Any feedback appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using PomsinOz

You can bring them but the insurance might not be straight forward.

Letton Percival cover:

Domestic Tools = Means any tools that You use within Your household and are not needed in order to do Your job.  Up to £2,500 in total and/or £250 per item, pair and/or set.

Tools of Trade are not covered, they maybe able to recommend a separate insurer?

• 2 months later...

Hi Andy, just want to let you know that trade work is highly regulated in oz and you will need a licence for each specific trade although you can work under supervision  of licence holders. My husband was in a similar position to you when we came to Sydney 4 years ago - happy to help if you want to pm. 

• 6 months later...
On 06/10/2017 at 21:20, wannabee said:

Hi Andy, just want to let you know that trade work is highly regulated in oz and you will need a licence for each specific trade although you can work under supervision  of licence holders. My husband was in a similar position your in  when we came to Sydney 4 years ago - happy to help if you want to pm. 

Hello there, Im looking to shit a Sigma manual tile cutter and and a dealt laser level. Both are pretty much new and both in the manufactures hard plastic case/box. The dealt laser level comes with a 10.8 volt lithium ion battery. 

If you could share with me anything you know that could help me with this or any advice id be very grateful. Thanks in advance.