and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

lenhill666

457 ending have daughter relationship broke down

Need advice please 

Ok where do I start LOL

i was sponsored on a 457 as a gym manager in 2013. Met a girl had a baby girl, unfortunately the relationship ended as my daughters Mum fell in love with another man. The problem is that we were just about to launch my spouse visa. 

I have 50/50 custody of my daughter and pay child support. Now the problem I have is my 457 is being soon and until recently I was under the impression that my company would continue the visa for another 2 years but now have decided against it. I asked them a while back about sponsoring me PR but it turns out they couldn't because they'd not fulfilled the training requirements tied into the process.

I'm now in another relationship but it's only 3 months in and my partner is very supportive of my situation but I think we are way off spouse sponsorship. Does anyone know of anyone who might of been in a similar situation??

i can't leave my daughter she is my world and she needs her dad. Any help would be helpful or I pray that someone has experienced something similar and can shed some light or point me in a direction of assistance 

sean

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Need advice please 
    Ok where do I start LOL
    i was sponsored on a 457 as a gym manager in 2013. Met a girl had a baby girl, unfortunately the relationship ended as my daughters Mum fell in love with another man. The problem is that we were just about to launch my spouse visa. 
    I have 50/50 custody of my daughter and pay child support. Now the problem I have is my 457 is being soon and until recently I was under the impression that my company would continue the visa for another 2 years but now have decided against it. I asked them a while back about sponsoring me PR but it turns out they couldn't because they'd not fulfilled the training requirements tied into the process.
    I'm now in another relationship but it's only 3 months in and my partner is very supportive of my situation but I think we are way off spouse sponsorship. Does anyone know of anyone who might of been in a similar situation??

i can't leave my daughter she is my world and she needs her dad. Any help would be helpful or I pray that someone has experienced something similar and can shed some light or point me in a direction of assistance 

sean

If your daughter is an Australian citizen I guess you could apply for a parent visa subclass 103.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSMS Direct Entry - Onshore - WA - Retail Manager - Low Risk - 2pax

RCB, Nomination and Visa lodged 30/06/2016

RCB approved 13/07/2016

:wub: Hoping for a miracle...

Please run your case past a reputable migration agent asap. Any on here would be a good starting point. I'd do that before doing anything else. 

Fwiw if you live in a state where you can register your relationship this waives the 12 month rule for being de facto iirc. You would still have to prove your relationship being genuine in other ways though, so living together, sharing a life, bills, finances etc as a de facto couple. Not all states offer this option though. But it may be of use if you do live in a state that does and want to lodge a partner visa. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your speedy replies

my daughters 3 years old so I don't think she can sponsor me, I think that's how the subclass 103 works? Unless anyone's heard different

12 minutes ago, Cippalippa said:

If your daughter is an Australian citizen I guess you could apply for a parent visa subclass 103.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, lenhill666 said:

Thanks for your speedy replies

my daughters 3 years old so I don't think she can sponsor me, I think that's how the subclass 103 works? Unless anyone's heard different

7 minutes ago, snifter said:

Please run your case past a reputable migration agent asap. Any on here would be a good starting point. I'd do that before doing anything else. 

Fwiw if you live in a state where you can register your relationship this waives the 12 month rule for being de facto iirc. You would still have to prove your relationship being genuine in other ways though, so living together, sharing a life, bills, finances etc as a de facto couple. Not all states offer this option though. But it may be of use if you do live in a state that does and want to lodge a partner visa. 

I live in VIC I've heard the registration can bring the period down to 6months 

Hey mate,

Sorry for your troubles, I'm afraid I don't have any definitive answers for you.

1st up, congrats on your daughter and having 50/50.  I have a 3 year old too and am fighting for 50/50.

I echo the comments above about going to a good migration agent and asking what options are available to you. 

Also have a look at the family court stuff, not sure if the court can assist but may be worth popping into one and having a chat with a duty solicitor.

I assume you have already done some googling.

Good luck mate

1 minute ago, Collie said:

Hey mate,

Sorry for your troubles, I'm afraid I don't have any definitive answers for you.

1st up, congrats on your daughter and having 50/50.  I have a 3 year old too and am fighting for 50/50.

I echo the comments above about going to a good migration agent and asking what options are available to you. 

Also have a look at the family court stuff, not sure if the court can assist but may be worth popping into one and having a chat with a duty solicitor.

I assume you have already done some googling.

Good luck mate

That's something I haven't looked into and I've emailed a good migration solicitor and I'll add this into the questions

thanks for your reply. My prays are with you in your situation. I hope you do get 50/50 it's only fair for the kids. I love having my little girl and although the split with my ex was messy we've kept everything amicable for our daughter, which I can only thank her for

good luck 🙏

Migration solicitor? Do you mean a migration agent? That is who you need to seek out. A reputable MARA agent. 

• advertisement_alt
    • advertisement_alt
    • advertisement_alt
    20 minutes ago, snifter said:

Migration solicitor? Do you mean a migration agent? That is who you need to seek out. A reputable MARA agent. 

21 minutes ago, snifter said:

Contact an agent. They will know your best course of action at this point.

Also read this PDF carefully. Section 4 covers the waiver. It waives the 12 months, doesn't say about bringing it down to 6 that I can see.

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1127.pdf

Wow thanks so much for your help and taking the time I'll read this for sure 👍👍👍

Try putting a post on mensline.org.au

It's a good forum.  it's more about family law but somebody may have been through something similar.  Worth a shot.

6 hours ago, Collie said:

Try putting a post on mensline.org.au

It's a good forum.  it's more about family law but somebody may have been through something similar.  Worth a shot.

It may be a good forum for support but the OP needs a migration agent. Fast. 

23 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

It may be a good forum for support but the OP needs a migration agent. Fast. 

Yes and I said so above.

I suggested mensline as there may be somebody on there who has been through something similar and can point the OP in the right direction or give them the benefit of their experience.