Terror attack at Finsbury Park Mosque

simmo

9 hours ago, aussiederek said:

I do know what you meant newjez, let's hope that the tit for tat we experienced in NI years ago doesn't raise it's ugly head in GB. That was left behind in NI a long time ago! I do hope you visit Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland some day. I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

Spectacular if game of thrones is anything to go by.

3 hours ago, Phoenix16 said:

I think you are being narrow minded, it was a complete nutter who is renowned for marital abuse, alcohol/drug abuse, decided to do a stupid, horrific, reckless thing, its not a sign of public feeling, but unfortunately its something we may have to deal with ongoing, and how sad is that xxxxx

His actions were politically motivated. It was planned. It was a loss of temper or a drunken rage.

13 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

What is the motivation for the comments, is it just to provoke a confrontation where you can play 'holier than thou'

But you are calling Tommy Robinson a white supremacist yet you are the one bringing colour into this.

• Like 1

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not getting the same sense of outrage on this thread as on the other threads.

On the other threads there were calls to mail 3000 Muslims, calls to deport, arrest and hold with out charge, torture, murder. People were very angry. People were saying that the whole muslim population was the problem, blah blah blah.

Here, people are saying it was a one off. Guy was probably drunk. Don't seem that bothered.

I quite shocked at people's reactions, or lack thereof.

8 minutes ago, newjez said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not getting the same sense of outrage on this thread as on the other threads.

On the other threads there were calls to mail 3000 Muslims, calls to deport, arrest and hold with out charge, torture, murder. People were very angry. People were saying that the whole muslim population was the problem, blah blah blah.

Here, people are saying it was a one off. Guy was probably drunk. Don't seem that bothered.

I quite shocked at people's reactions, or lack thereof.

maybe the body count wasn't high enough? I see snippets on the news daily of thwarted terrorist attacks or "minor" terror attacks (that result in 1 death or under or people simply being stabbed ) that hardly get a second mention (or 1st on MSM)

1 hour ago, simmo said:

can you stay on topic and stop the personal insults! its the rules. 

Practice what you preach mate.  Stop posting trollish comments.  Try articulating a reasoned argument if you can.

I'll stack my history of posts against yours anyday.

I believe in standing up to racism, fascism, misongy and homeophobia.

This certainly is a cut and thrust forum, which I've found to be quite nasty at times. If it wasn't for the nice people on here, who against the odds are still capable of participating in debates in a reasonable manner, I would have left the forum long ago! Guys, can we please cool the temperature a bit and show some respect for one another even when we don't agree with where the other person is coming from. That would be a more mature approach to participation in an otherwise interesting and great forum. End of rant.  

• Like 1

This certainly is a cut and thrust forum, which I've found to be quite nasty at times. If it wasn't for the nice people on here, who against the odds are still capable of participating in debates in a reasonable manner, I would have left the forum long ago! Guys, can we please cool the temperature a bit and show some respect for one another even when we don't agree with where the other person is coming from. That would be a more mature approach to participation in an otherwise interesting and great forum. End of rant.  

Interesting thoughts. IMHO This place is positively benign compared to some of the stuff seen on the Guardian, Economist, Independent, BBC, Daily Mail, FB and Twitter comments sections that get bandied about.

I do not comment on news sites, but they can be comedy gold - the level of puerile one-up-man-ship that goes on there.....it's a whole community of trolls!! [emoji3]

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiederek said:

Always happy for a reasoned debate around articulated arguments (whatever the viewpoint).

It's the one line trolling comments and air of superiotity from people who wouldn't be out of place in Gilead that don't belong.  These people would be happy to turn the UK (well England really as they look down on the other parts) into Gilead.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Collie said:

Always happy for a reasoned debate around articulated arguments (whatever the viewpoint).

It's the one line trolling comments and air of superiotity from people who wouldn't be out of place in Gilead that don't belong.  These people would be happy to turn the UK (well England really as they look down on the other parts) into Gilead.

The science of or the hebrew scholars stuff mate?