189 and partner?

Hi I'm just after some advice,

I'm a UK registered nurse and I've booked my IELTS for July, following that I'll do my ANMAC skills assessment and then put in my EOI for the 189.

My question is, will my partner automatically go onto my visa or do I have to do a separate partner visa? And would he also have to have a medical etc?

I want to do as much as I can to speed the process up.

We're hoping to move out in Summer 2018.

Thanks

Zoe

10 hours ago, Zoe Coton said:

I'm a UK registered nurse and I've booked my IELTS for July, following that I'll do my ANMAC skills assessment and then put in my EOI for the 189.

My question is, will my partner automatically go onto my visa or do I have to do a separate partner visa? And would he also have to have a medical etc?

Thanks

Zoe

If you include your partner on your application, you will pay the additional fee (approx. $1800 I think) and he'll need to complete the medical and police checks.  You'll also need to provide evidence of your relationship (married or de facto at least 12 months).  Your partner will then receive a 189 visa as well when yours is granted.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2017 at 13:35, Zoe Coton said:

Thanks

Zoe

Hi I have to sit those English tests too IELTS but do I book the general training or the academic? 

Or does anyone know that has done the tests? I'm a secondary school visa and just starting my application

thanks 

Rach

On 19/06/2017 at 19:37, Casey r said:

Hi I have to sit those English tests too IELTS but do I book the general training or the academic? 

Or does anyone know that has done the tests? I'm a secondary school visa and just starting my application

thanks 

Rach

I booked the academic one. I'm unsure for a secondary school teacher though I'm afraid. May be best to research with your registration body in Australia and check which one they will need?

• Like 1

On 18/06/2017 at 19:26, ras248 said:

Hi Zoe, I'm in the same boat as you..
I've applied and paid for my uni degree transcript and my notice of registration from the nmc and have my IELTS test booked for 8th July emoji51.png

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Good luck for your IELTS! :)

• 1 month later...
On 18/06/2017 at 13:35, Zoe Coton said:

Thanks

Zoe

Hi Zoe,

I'm also a nurse but we've used an agent to sort out our visas. 

Best thing to do is book your IELTS (i failed 1st time!!) and request your NMC documents to be sent to ANMAC and AHPRA  (they'll keep them on file until you apply). Also request your transcripts from Uni to be sent to ANMAC.

My ANMAC took around 10 weeks to get a positive skills assessment.

Your partner will go on your visa and will need his own medical doing. You'll also need to gather evidence that you've been in a relationship for over a year (utility bills in both your names etc).

We submitted our EOI a couple of days back but didn't get invited in the 1st round, i think theres a bit of a backlog or something...

Hope this helps!!

Gemma x

On 19/06/2017 at 19:37, Casey r said:

thanks 

Rach

Hi Rach.

im a secondary school teacher too. General Training is fine for your IELTS.