Kid passport renewal

Am ready

Sorry I realised I might have written on a wrong forum in kids forum.

Can anyone advise on how to renew a child British passport in one week. I booked to travel to Indonesia but realised the child passport expires in four months from now. They require six months before he travels. Please advise.

I think there's a facility in the UK to pay extra and get a passport renewal in a week but it involves filling in a paper application, making an appointment at the Passport Office and attending in person. Obviously, that's not going to happen if you're in Perth. 

I think you're stuck with the usual Passport renewal time, which is officially six weeks but was much less for me when I renewed mine last year. I think it was back within 10 days.

How long till you travel? I know that Indonesia is very strict on this rule so don't risk travelling on the passport with less than 6 months validity.

1 hour ago, NickyNook said:

I think there's a facility in the UK to pay extra and get a passport renewal in a week but it involves filling in a paper application, making an appointment at the Passport Office and attending in person. Obviously, that's not going to happen if you're in Perth. 

I think you're stuck with the usual Passport renewal time, which is officially six weeks but was much less for me when I renewed mine last year. I think it was back within 10 days.

How long till you travel? I know that Indonesia is very strict on this rule so don't risk travelling on the passport with less than 6 months validity.

Thanks for the reply. I only have 11 days till travel. I saw on British high commission website that I can get him an emergency travel doc and get a visa for him before leaving. So I will soon find out if it works. Thanks again.