UK passport due for renewall

carob

I did find a post for the year 2014, so thought the replies might not be accurate now!  On the post, it refers to being able to renew UK passports here in Australia.  Is this still the case?  I live in Perth WA now, Permanent Resident for the past couple of years, so if it's possible to renew here, would be so much easier.

Ii'm sure someone out there will have an answer, so I thank you in advance for any help.

• Like 1

UK passport applications were once processed here in Australia, then - from memory - they were processed in New Zealand for a while. Now they're all processed in the UK.

However, as Snifter says, it's really easy to renew them from Australia and the new passports are returned very quickly. It's far faster than when they were done in Australia or New Zealand!

• Like 2

Ooh thanks everybody for your replies.  I had thought it could be done from here, but I was concerned that it might take a long time.  I think I then I  have to notify Immi on form 9209 of the new passport details, although the Visa will still be on the old one. Let's hope it doesn't get lost!

thsnk you all again.

• Like 1

Hi There

I've done my UK passport application online from Perth (and it was my first application - applied for British passport based on ancestry) - got it back in 3 weeks.  I did send over my Australian passport and birth certificate originals in Aust Post courier bag and got it sent back with British Passport via Toll.

We're heading to UK in 5 weeks (to take up residence) and my husband can't find his so we're applying for his now.  I filled out Emergency Travel Documents through the British Consulate in Perth on Friday (just gone) and they called him within 20 minutes of application being completed online.  They said given he is English and planned travel date in 5 weeks to go ahead and apply for British passport online.

We've got his Australian one just processed priority (for a fee) - lost both passports - good timing and very expensive exercise.  $460 for the Australian one.

• Like 1