Visa Question

BryanL5

Hi all,

Just a quick questions as i haven't heard back from the Visa Bureau.

If i have applied and been accepted for a WHV Subclass 417, how long do I have before I have to pay for it?

I am only in the early stages of planning the trip and unsure if I will actually go yet. (I didn't think the visa would come back so quick)

3 hours ago, BryanL5 said:

Hi all,

Just a quick questions as i haven't heard back from the Visa Bureau.

If i have applied and been accepted for a WHV Subclass 417, how long do I have before I have to pay for it?

I am only in the early stages of planning the trip and unsure if I will actually go yet. (I didn't think the visa would come back so quick)

How can you have got the visa without paying for it?

Thanks for the replies.

no I haven't used an agency, I used Visa Bureau? They phoned me saying everything looked fine and I had been accepted and was I ready to pay and I said no. But she didn't say how long my application would hold for. Do I just phone them back when am ready to pay or? Do I have to pay within a certain time?

An agency can't tell you that you've been accepted unless you have actually submitted the application (including paying the fee) and it's been granted.  At best, they can tell you that you are eligible and that they think your prospects look good.

The 417 WHV costs AUD$440 or approx. GBP 285.  You can find information about applying yourself at http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/417-

I do wonder why you are using an agent for a WHV application when its a really straightforward process and a decision is usually back within a few days on the visa. Sometimes hours. 

Unless you have a criminal record, you really could save yourself the money and apply yourself. Pretty much most people do. Although given you've used a migration agent up till now I'd think there could be fees to pay to them perhaps for their services so far. 

If you are unsure if you will go, don't apply now but apply when you are ready to book your flight and actually closer to going. No point wasting the money now if you are not decided. 

I'd also suggest informing yourself of the process and what a WHV entails so you don't have any surprises should you proceed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...