vrob3l

Skill assessment and Partner's skills

vrob3l    10

I have two questions regarding skills.

1) Is education (time spent on university) considered as experience for skill assessment (maybe partially)? To be specific my assessing authority is Engineers Australia.

2) To get additional points for my partner's skills, her skills must be assessed as well. What happenes if she has only Master's degree and no post-graduate experience, is she still eligible and will I get points? (VETASSES)

Thanks in advance for help!

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

VERYSTORMY    2,425

1. No, but many engineering occupations do not require post graduate experience in order to pass a skills assessment.

2. He occupation must be on the same list as yours. If her occupation requires post graduate experience, she will not be able to pass a skills assessment. Most occupations do, but without knowing what her occupation is, I cant say.

vrob3l    10

1) The reason why I am asking is more experience equals more points, but nevermind then.

2) So if my occupation is on long term list and hers on short term then it is no good to me, right?

VERYSTORMY    2,425

Correct. Both must be on the same list and she would need to pass a skills assessment which usually includes a number of years post qualification experience