register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

vrob3l

Skill assessment and Partner's skills

I have two questions regarding skills.

1) Is education (time spent on university) considered as experience for skill assessment (maybe partially)? To be specific my assessing authority is Engineers Australia.

2) To get additional points for my partner's skills, her skills must be assessed as well. What happenes if she has only Master's degree and no post-graduate experience, is she still eligible and will I get points? (VETASSES)

Thanks in advance for help!

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

1. No, but many engineering occupations do not require post graduate experience in order to pass a skills assessment.

2. He occupation must be on the same list as yours. If her occupation requires post graduate experience, she will not be able to pass a skills assessment. Most occupations do, but without knowing what her occupation is, I cant say.

1) The reason why I am asking is more experience equals more points, but nevermind then.

2) So if my occupation is on long term list and hers on short term then it is no good to me, right?

Correct. Both must be on the same list and she would need to pass a skills assessment which usually includes a number of years post qualification experience

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jackson dsouza
        Hello everyone,
        Did anyone in the group get an assessment done through engineers Australia recently. I work as a safety engineer and graduated as a mechanical engineer.
        My first assessment with vetassess came back negative, as I did not have any OH&S certification.
        Thanks 
      • By mahmud
        I am Mahmud from Bangladesh. I have been working in a company since 15 May.2012. I want to assess my qualifications and professional experience from Vetassess. but when I am collecting documents such as job statement from My company they strictly inform that they are unable to give such documents. they only give me my job descriptions which includes my task and duties in general word and very short descriptions. In this situations how can I get statutory declaration or affidavit with my appointment letter, job descriptions and letter of introduction from accounts and finance department? is statutory declaration made from Notary public from my country(Bangladesh) or Australian Embassy situated in Bangladesh. I seek kind information from experts.
      • By wheresdbeef
        Hi All
        Is it possilbe to pass a carpenter vetassess on experience alone?
        A little background:
        My brother is 41 and has worked as a carpentry for 20 years, though he has no formal qualification, he did complete a 4 year apprenticeship but struggles with ADHD and was unable to pass the final written exams.

Cheers

• By Jeanette123
        Hi,

My partner and I would really appreciate any help with skilled visas for Plumbers. I have so many questions and I keep getting told different things.

We're wanting to go down the route of skilled migration as a Plumber in Australia. We have both lived in Australia previously for 4 years (I was sponsored)  but left due to family reason back at home in the UK.

So, my partner has a NVQ level 2 in plumbing (Not a level 3). Do you know if NVQ level 2 is enough of a qualification for a Plumber? 
        He has over 5 years plumbing experience in the UK, and 2 years plumbing experience in Australia.

We've been advised that to pass VETASSESS you need to have either Gas or Roofing experience. However, he doesn’t have much experience working with gas and no experience in roofing.
        My partner is currently completing a Gas course to get the knowledge, would this be enough for VETASSESS? Please can you give us some information about how hard or easy the test was for you.

Any tips, advice or guidance would be great.

Thank you in advance for your help.
        Jeanette