Health check before receiving an 189 invitation

Hi there,

I just submitted my EOI for 189 and am quite sure that I will get the invitation within the next few weeks. I want to get the medical check done this week since I am not so sure about my schedule for the next a couple of weeks. I got my health declaration done and received a HAP ID. However, my concern is - once my EOI is accepted and an invitation is sent to me, would it contain another HAP ID? so that my current HAP ID becomes invalid?

In other words, when you submit your 189 visa application, is there a page for you to provide your existing HAP ID number if a medical check has already been done before the application?

Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks!

Wensong

Edited by zhangws55

there are issues with doing medicals early. First, you have to make first entry within 12 months of the medical or police check. Given you have just submitted an eoi it will be some weeks before you are invited and then at best case 1 - 2 months before medicals are requested.

There are delays at the moment though in applications and there can be many factors that cause further delays such as nationality - high risk or low risk, occupation and others.

14 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

there are issues with doing medicals early. First, you have to make first entry within 12 months of the medical or police check. Given you have just submitted an eoi it will be some weeks before you are invited and then at best case 1 - 2 months before medicals are requested.

There are delays at the moment though in applications and there can be many factors that cause further delays such as nationality - high risk or low risk, occupation and others.

Thanks! When are people usually asked to get medical checkups? After they submit all the documents? A friend applied recently told me he was asked to do medical checkups right after he uploaded the documents.