ramjir

Employment Ref Letter in company letter - should that be 'To whom so ever' always??

Hi Folks,

I am applying for Australian PR. The process seems to be straight forward, I am at a sticking point, where my company is not ready to issue a Employment Reference letter with 'to whom soever it may concern' . They need to know whom to address this letter for.

Do I have an option of addressing someone/some agency like ACS and get the letter or does it surely need to be 'to whom soever it may concern' only. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Rahul R

If they don't need an actual named persons then address to the agency that needs it, ACS, DIBP etc.

• Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Hi rammy.. thanks. I am currently looking for the Skill assessment submission through an agent, and they for some strange reason this it should be 'to whomso ever it may concern' only. That kind of puts me off. So you think I can have the letter addressed to ACS at the very least and it should be fine? Have you come across such scenarios.

Thanks for the response :) 

No I haven't but surely your agent must have?  I guess many employers do not like giving an open reference.  Go back to your agent and ask.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Yes sure.I checked with the agent. They are directing me to Third Party statutory sworn in letters for my employment ref.  I suppose ACS does mention that as well, but is the company letter head document has more weightage? 

Yes sure.I checked with the agent. They are directing me to Third Party statutory sworn in letters for my employment ref.  I suppose ACS does mention that as well, but is the company letter head document has more weightage? 

Yes is true company letter head have more Weight age as compared to third party statutory sworns.....

But if your HR is stubborn then you don't have choice at all... Go ahead with that...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using PomsinOz mobile app

Use a statutory declaration. That's what I did for my skills assessment, and when it came time to apply for the visa, I got an official reference from my employer

Sent from a really tiny keyboard - pardon random autocorrects and fat-finger typos

Vetassess submission 31/1/2016; Vetassess positive outcome 29/4/2016
State sponsorship submission 2/5/2016; granted 3/8/2016
Visa filed 5/9/2016; CO contact 25/10/2016; Visa granted 28/10/2016
Visa activated 17/08/2017
Big move.... 5/9/ 2018 

Read about my visa journey at www.190oz.com

So this is what I did. I got a general letter from my company which mentioned that I was a full time employee from Date X - to present. My salary is this much and my role/title is this on the company letter head. All employers are okay giving this sort of letter. Along with that letter I submitted letters from my managers on a plain paper with their business cards. This worked for me with ACS. Not saying it will work for everyone but just saying. I did submit other documents like the offer letters etc...to prove my employment.

IELTS 07/22 R 7.5 W 8.5 S 8.0 L 8.5 O 8.0| Positive Assessment on 10/12 | SA SS Online 10/19 | SA Docs Recvd. 11/02 | SA SS Approved 11/18 | 176 lodged 11/30 | PCC and Medicals requested 12/05 | Meds Finalzed 09/01 | PCC met 31/01 | Visa Granted 02/01

My Blog

Thanks everyone for timely and useful advices. I received letter from ACS confirming my eligibility and asking me to do EOI. I submitted the EOI 3rd August 

i have submitted EOI with 65 points for Software engineer. 

1. Any idea how good enough is this?

2. How does the ITA generally come I mean a mail or letter . Also how long does it approximately takes by your experience