Buying strategy

ScottieGirl

49 minutes ago, Martinbjulieb said:

Our bank, RBS, have confirmed that they can certify that we have sufficient funds without revealing balances of our accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Interesting, I have an account with RBS  but the money is stashed elsewehere as the guarantee on RBS is only 85k. As they are being sued by the US state dept for billions I was nervous about that but I see they are now doing better.

That said POF is required for all buyers not cash buyers. Mortgagees have to show they have approval in place, there is standard documentation which shows how much they can borrow.  I can see why, there is very little stock on the market but quite a few sales round here are falling through so if buyers have more than one offer they may want to choose the safest.

3 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

Have made 2 offers and both agents has asked for proof of funds, one before submitting the offer. The  latter then tried to get me to up the offer. Curt words were exchanged. 

That's really weird, we told the agent we were cash buyers and had the funds and that's as far as it went. 

2 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

That said POF is required for all buyers not cash buyers. Mortgagees have to show they have approval in place, there is standard documentation which shows how much they can borrow.  I can see why, there is very little stock on the market but quite a few sales round here are falling through so if buyers have more than one offer they may want to choose the safest.

Absolutely they would want to choose the safest. The same anywhere I guess. In Perth we had an offer but the buyers were coming from South Africa and both didn't have full residency. Naturally we turned that down!! Too risky!!