189 Visa Processing

Sujitra

I have applied for australian PR in around Dec 2016, however case office has been allotted and therefore I have uploaded all necessary documents. I am currently on BVA (Bridging Visa - A) and waiting for their response. I would like to know if anyone can help, is that can I leave melbourne in the midst of visa processing and stay in my home country. After going back to home country, will I be able to enter if I have PR, coz I dont want to apply for BVB (I mean I dont want to come back to Australia if I don't have PR).

Yes you can leave Australia and your BVA will be cancelled when you do so.  If you don't have a BVB, then you would need to wait for the PR to be granted before you could return (unless of course you apply for another type of visa such as a visitor visa).  Your PR could be approved any day, so you may find you have your visa very soon after going back to your home country if it isn't already granted before you leave.

If you are interested in becoming an Australian citizen, you may wish to decide to stay until your PR is granted so that you start the 4-year clock for residency immediately rather than waiting until you return.