register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

LouiseH

189 Visa - Medical + Police checks

Hi

I will be submitting my EOI soon for 189 Visa. My partner will be included in my application. Once the EOI is submitted, we will arrange medical examinations. Does my partner need to have the medical too? I have my HAP ID as I have already signed up to E-Medical via my Immi Account. I can't work out if my partner also needs to sign up to E-Medical to get her own HAP ID. She isn't applying for her own visa, as she is part of my application.

I had to select which visa I was applying for when I registered with E-Medical, but obviously my partner won't be applying for the visa herself, I couldn't see anywhere to include her....

Any advice please? 

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Yes, everyone needs a medical and police check  

I would not recommend getting them yet as you have to make first entry into Australia within 12 months of the police check or medical, which ever was first. There can be a thousand things that cause delays in processing, particularly at the moment as there are changes being implemented that is causing extra work of the department. It also doesn't speed up the process as they just sit in the background until the point the case officer would have requested them  

Thanks for your reply.

Just wondering how my partner would apply for the medical when it comes to it? All we can see when she tries to register for "my health declarations" via her immi account, is a selection box where she has to say what visa she is applying for - but she isn't actually applying for her own visa. We can't see what the best way is for her to get her own HAP ID to arrange her medical.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By anthonyd
        Hi all,

I have received an invite for 189 and want to apply for visa asap.
        However, I just left Australia for a longer trip. My partner is still in Australia during this time, though she will visit me abroad during my trip.

Question:
        If I apply for 189 while being outside of Australia, will my partner get a bridging visa if she is in Australia during my application? 

I do not really need a bridging visa, since I hold e-visitor visa and can stay in AU up to 3 months at a time. I do travel often anyway, so I can easily just use my current visa until I get 189.
        My partner, however, holds a visa that expires soon, so for her getting bridging visa is very important.

Ideally I want to apply while offshore, then come to Australia on my e-visitor visa to stay with my partner. 
        Will she get a bridging visa if she is in Australia during application, but I am not in the country?

Thanks.
      • By lewisant48
        Hey everybody. I've looked all through the forum archives to try and find an answer to my query so i didn't have to start a new thread but i've had no joy.
        You get points for qualifications, but do the qualifications have to be relevant to the occupation? My girlfriend will be the primary applicant as veterinary nurse but she has a BA Degree in Textiles - will that degree get her further points or does she have to use the qualification attached to vet nursing? it's much lesser and will give less points.
        Thanks, Lewis
      • By tigerlily47
        Hello, we applied in November 2016 for Visa 864, so that's a year ago now. Does anyone know roughly the time it takes?

• By lifegoeson
        Hi,   Just have a query with regards to my eligibility to apply for the 189 Visa as a NZ citizen.     I moved to Australia from NZ in Sept 2009 and worked up until August 2016. I fall within the threshold of the income category. I quit my job in 2016 and have been travelling every since and will only be back in Australia in June 2018.   I still have a property in Aus and that is where my home is. As I have been away for over an year now , will I still be eligible to apply for PR under the 189 Visa? https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-new-zealand-stream   Will my absence away from Aus on holiday deny me the approval for the visa?   Thanking you in advance. 
      • By TJB
        I have searched the internet for an answer and can't find one. My husband and i need a USA police check (FBI check). We have different surnames. Should we send these separately in different envelopes or can we send them together? This seems like such a trivial question but I'm really confused by this. I'm guessing it should be sent in separate envelopes?

Kind regards.